Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Syama Mhane Cakara Rakho Ji
Official Name: None
Author: Mira Bai
Book Name: None
(śyāma) mhāne cākara rākho jī
giridhāri lāla mhāne cākara rākho jī
cākara rahsūń bāga lagāsūń nita uṭha darasana pāsūń
vṛndāvana kī kuñja galina meń terī līlā gāsūń
cākarī maiń darasaṇa pāvūń sumarana pāvūń kharacī
bhāva bhagata jāgīrī pāvūń tīnoń bātā sarasī
mora mukuṭa pītāmbara sohe gala baijantī mālā
vṛndāvana meń dhenu carāve mohana murlīvālā
hare hare nita banna banāvūń vica vica rākhūń kyārī
sāńvariyā ke darasaṇa pāvūń pahara kusumbhī sārī
jogī āyā joga karana kūń tapa karaṇe sayāsī
hari bhajana kūń sādhū āyo vṛndāvana ke bāsī
mīrā ke prabhu gahira gambhīrā hṛdaya raho jī dhīrā
ādhī rāta prabhu darasaṇa dīnho jamunā jī ke tīrā
Refrain: O my dear, Syama! Please make me Your maidservant. O Darling Giridhara! Please make me Your maidservant.
1) As Your servant, I will plant Your garden. Every day, I will arise early to see You. In the groves of Vrndavana, I will sing Your glories.
2) The reward for serving You will be seeing Your form. The spirit of devotion is my liege, for which I have underwent many births.
3) My Lord is adorned with a peacock crown and the yellow sash waist-cloth wearing a flower garland. Mohana, is the flute player, who is grazing the cows in Vrndavana.
4) I will make fresh green bowers divided into borders for the Lord. Seeing my beloved one will be enjoyed by me, robed in a scarlet sari.
5) Why are ascetic yogis doing meditation and take sannyasa? Chanting Hari’s name is the reason for the inhabitants of Vrndavana Dhama.
6) Mira, who’s Lord is the courtly Giridhari, is perturbed at heart. At , by the banks of Yamuna, the river of love, I request to see the Lord.
It may be sung in Raga Desa.
In the 1979 film Meera, this was on Raga Bhairavi.
This was one of Mohandas Gandhi’s favorite bhajans to chant.