Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Amar Saman Hina Nahi E Samsare
Official Name: Ucchvasa: Prarthana Dainyamayi Song 5
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Kalyana Kalpataru
amar saman hina nahi e samsare
asthira ha'yechi padi' bhava parabare
kuladevi jogamaya more krpa kori'
abarana sambaribe kabe bisvodari
sunechi agame-bede mahima tomar
sri krsna-bimukhe bandhi' karao samsar
sri-krsna-sammukhya ja'r bhagya-krame hoy
ta're mukti diya koro' asoka abhoy
e dase janani! kori' akaitava doya
brndabane deha' sthana tumi jogamaya
tomake langhiya kotha jibe krsna pay
krsna rasa prakatilo tomar krpay
tumi krsna-sahacari jagata-janani
tumi dekhaile more krsna-cintamani
niskapata ho'ye mata cao mor pane
baisnabe bisvasa brddhi ha'ka prati-ksane
baisnaba-carana bina bhava-parabar
bhakativinoda nare hoibare par
1) The likes of such a lowly soul as me is not to be found anywhere else in this world. Thus I have become most agitated due to falling into this vast ocean of material existence.
2) Oh Yogamaya! When will you show mercy to me by lifting up the curtain of illusion with which you shroud the universe in your external form of Mahamaya? You are known as Kuladevi, the traditional worshipable Goddess of all the Vaisnavas dynasties.
3) I have heard of your glories and activities from the Vedic literatures, You take all those souls who are averse to Krsna and bind them within the material world.
4) To that person whose good fortune gradually dawns and allow him to again become favorably disposed to Krsna, you award him with liberation and make him free from all grief and fear.
5) Oh my dear Mother! Showing your causeless mercy to your servant give me a place in Vrndavana, for you are Yogamaya Herself. (The internal energy of yoga, or union.)
6) Without complying with you, no soul at any time can get Krsna, for the manifestation of Krsna's pastimes is all enacted only by your mercy.
7) You are the devoted follower of Lord Krsna, and you are the mother of the universe. You have shown to me the transcendental touchstone of Krsna consciousness.
8) My dear Mother, I sincerely wish that you will let my faith in the Vaisnavas increase at every moment.
9) Without the lotus feet of the devotees of the Lord, Bhaktivinoda is not able to cross to the other side of this ocean of material existence.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: May 10, 2009