Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Ancare Mukha Sasi Goya
Official Name: Song 28
Author: Govinda Dasa Kaviraja
Book Name: Padavali
āñcare mukha-śaśī goya
jhara jhara locana roya
kāraṇa binu kṣaṇe hasa-i
utapata dīrgha niśasa-i
śuna śuna sundara śyāma
premaka iha pariṇāma
tātala tanu nāhi ṭuṭa-i
satata mahī-tale luṭha-i
kāhuka kachu nāhi kaha-i
ko āchu bedana saha-i
jagabhari kulabatī bāda
kā de-i kara-i sambāda
jība-i tuyā abhilāṣe
1) She hides the moon of her face behind the edge of her garment. Tears stream from her eyes.
2) Without reason she suddenly laughs. Again and again she deeply sighs.
3) Hear. Please hear, O handsome dark Krsna. These are the symptoms of love.
4) Her body burns with a fever. It is not a slight fever. Again and again she rolls on the ground.
5) She will not say a word to anyone. Who can bear to see her suffer in this way?
6) The saintly ladies confer amongst themselves: “Who will talk with this girl?"
7) Govinda dasa reassures them: By your wish this girl will certainly survive.
This song is sung in Raga Suhai.
UPDATED: May 10, 2009