Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Anya Abhilasa Chadi
Official Name: Song 2
Author: Narottama Dasa Thakura
Book Name: Prema Bhakti Candrika
anya abhilāṣa chāḍi, jñāna karma parihari,
kāya mane koribo bhajana
sādhu sańga kṛṣṇa sevā, nā pūjibo anya devā
ei bhakti parama kāraṇa
mahājanera yei patha, tāte hobo anurata,
pūrvāpara koriyā vicāra
sādhana smaraṇa līlā, ihāte nā koro helā
kāya mane koriyā susāra
asat sańgati sadā, tyāga koro anya gītā,
karmī jñānī parihari dūre
kevala bhakata sańga, prema bhakti rasa rańga,
līlā kathā vraja rasa pure
yogī nyāsī karmī jñānī, anya deva pūjaka dhyānī,
iha loka dūre parihari
dharma karma duḥka śoka, yebā thāke anya yoga,
chāḍi bhajo girivaradhārī
tīrtha yātrā pariśrama, kevala manera bhrama,
sarva siddhi govinda caraṇa
sudṛḍha viśvāsa kori, mada mātsarya parihari,
sadā koro ananya bhajana
kṛṣṇa bhakta ańga heri, kṛṣṇa bhakta sańga kori
śraddhānvita śravaṇa kīrtana
arcana smaraṇa dhyāna, nava bhakti mahā-jñāna
ei bhakti parama kāraṇa
hṛṣīke govinda sevā, nā pūjibo devī devā,
ei to ananya bhakti kathā
āra yoto upālambha, viśeṣa sakali dambha,
dekhite lāgaye boḍo vyathā
dehe boise ripu-gaṇa, yoteko indriya-gaṇa,
keho kāro bādhya nāhi hoy
śunile nā śune kāna, jānile nā jāne prāṇa,
doṛāite nā pāre niścoy
kāma krodha lobha mohwa, mada mātsarya dambha saha,
sthāne sthāne niyukta koribo.
ānanda kori hṛdoy, ripu kori parājoy,
anāyāse govinda bhajibo
kṛṣṇa sevā kāmārpaṇa, krodha bhakta-dveṣī jane,
lobha sādhu-sańge hari-kathā.
moha iṣṭa lābha vine, mada kṛṣṇa guṇa gāne,
niyukta koribo yathā tathā
anyathā svatantra kāma, anarthādi yāra dhāma,
bhakti pathe sadā deya bhańga
kibā se korite pāre, kāma krodha sādhakere,
yadi hoy sādhu janāra sańga?
krodha vā nā kore kibā, krodha tyāga sadā dibā
lobha moha ei to kathana
chaya ripu sadā hīna, koribo manera bhina,
kṛṣṇacandra koriyā smaraṇa
āpani pālābe saba, śuniyā govinda raba,
siḿha rabe yeno karigaṇa
sakala vipatti yābe, mahānanda sukha pābe
yāra hoy ekānta bhajana.
nā koriho asat ceṣṭā, lābha pūjā pratiṣṭhā,
sadā cinta govinda caraṇa
sakala vipatti yābe, mahānanda sukha pābe,
prema bhakti parama kāraṇa
asat kriyā kuṭināṭī, chāḍo anya paripāṭī
anya deve nā koriho rati
āpana āpana sthāne, pīriti sabhāya ṭāne,
bhakti pathe paḍaye vigati
āpana āpana patha, tāte hobo anurata,
iṣṭadeva sthāne līlā gāna
naiṣṭhika bhajana ei, tomāre kohilo bhāi
hanumān tāhāte pramāṇa
śrī-nāthe janakī nāthe cābhedaḥ paramātmaniḥ
tathāpi mama sarvasvaḿ rāmaḥ kamala-locanaḥ
deva-loka, pitṛ-loka, pāya tārā mahā-sukha,
sādhu sādhu bole anukṣaṇa
yugala bhajana yārā, premānande bhāse tārā,
tāhāra nichani tribhuvana
pṛthak āvāsa yoga, duḥkamaya viṣaya bhoga,
vrajavāsa govinda sevana
kṛṣṇa kathā kṛṣṇa nāma, satya satya rasa dhāma
vraja janera sańga anukṣaṇa
sadā sevā abhilāṣa, mane kori viśoyāsa,
sarvathāi hoiyā nirbhaya
narottame dāse bole, paḍilu asat bhole,
paritrāṇa koro mahāśaya
1) Srila Rupa Gosvami Prabhupada has said (Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu 1.1.11)
"Uttama bhakti, or unalloyed devotion unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna, involves the rendering of devotional service in a way that is favourable to the Lord. This devotional service should be free from any extraneous motive and devoid of fruitive karma, impersonal jnana and all other selfish desires."*
2) Rejecting all other desires, and abandoning philosophical speculation and fruitive work, in the company of the devotees I will worship and serve Lord Krsna with my body and mind. I will not worship the demigods and demigoddesses. Devotional service is the reason for my life.
3) Devotedly follow the path of the great devotees in the past. Properly using your body and mind, don't neglect either the regulative devotional practices or the remembrance of the Lord's pastimes.
4) Always reject the company of the impious. Give up attraction to non-devotional songs. Leave the karmis and jnanis far away. Only associate with the devotees. Take pleasure in hearing the nectar descriptions of pure love for Krsna. Become flooded by the nectar of the narrations of the Lord's pastimes in Vraja.
5) Putting the yogis, svamis, karmis, jnanis, demigod-worshippers, and meditators far away, and rejecting the torments that are fruitive work, ordinary religion, and the other yogas, worship Lord Giridhari.
6) The struggle to travel to various holy pilgrimage places is simply the mind's mistake, because to make spiritual advancement all one actually needs is the lotus feet of Lord Govinda. Abandoning pride and envy, and with firm faith in your heart, always worship Lord Govinda without deviation.
7) See the devotees of Lord Krsna, associate with the devotees of Lord Krsna. Faithfully engage in the nine-fold process of devotional service, which includes hearing about the Lord, chanting His glories, worshipping Him, offering obeisances to Him, and remembering Him. Following these activities enlightens the devotees with spiritual knowledge.
8) I shall use these senses to serve Lord Govinda, and I shall decline to worship the various demigods and demigoddesses. I shall only speak about pure devotional service. The numberless different philosophies and conceptions of life are all products of the conditioned soul's pride. Trying to understand them brings no real benefit but only a pain within the mind.
9) The insubordinate senses are like enemies that live within the body. Tell the ear to hear and it may rebel, refusing to hear. Tell the mind to understand a particular point, or become firm in a certain way, and it may very well disobey.
10) I shall fight with lust, anger, bewilderment, greed, madness, envy and pride. Defeating them, I will become blissful at heart, and I will easily become able to worship Lord Govinda.
11) Lust I will engage in offering the fruits of my work to Lord Krsna. Anger I will direct towards the enemies of the devotees. Greed I will engage by being greedy to hear the topics of Lord Hari in the association of the saintly devotees. Bewilderment will be manifested because I cannot immediately attain my worshipable Lord. Madness will be there when I madly glorify the transcendental attributes of Lord Krsna. In this way I will engage each of these in the service of Lord Krsna.
12) If lust is not controlled, then it becomes the breeding ground for a host of vices and checks one's advancement on the path of devotional service. However, if one stays in the association of the saintly devotees, then that association will carry him beyond the influence of lust, anger, and their friends.
13) I shall not become angry. I shall renounce anger. I shall become free from my six enemies, such as greed and bewilderment. I shall control my mind, and always remember Lord Krsnacandra.
14) When lust and his friends hear the word "Govinda" they immediately begin to flee, as a herd of elephants flees when it hears a lion's roar. If one engages in single-pointed devotional service to Lord Krsna, then the worshipper attains transcendental bliss, and all kinds of calamities flee from him.
15) Don't sin. Take no interest in profit, adoration, and distinction. Instead meditate on the lotus feet of Lord Govinda. In this way all sufferings will go far away and transcendental bliss and pure love for Lord Krsna will spontaneously come.
16) Give up the association of the impious non-devotees. Give up the tendency to find fault in others. Don't follow any spiritual path other than devotional service. Don't worship the demigods. If one takes to the worship of the demigods, he becomes deviated from the path of devotional service.
17) O brother, please become attached to your worshipable Lord alone. Serve Him without deviation and sing the glories of His pastimes. I will now quote the words of Hanuman, who demonstrates this exclusive devotion to one's worshipable Deity. Hanuman said: Although He is not different from Lord Narayana, lotus-eyed Lord Rama alone is the be-all and end-all of my life.
18) If one attains the planets of the demigods or Pitas and enjoys celestial happiness there, then I congratulate him, saying: well done, well done. However, I myself would never strive to attain such a thing. For myself I am content simply to worship the Divine Couple and swim and float in the bliss of pure love for Them. This pure love is the most valuable object in the three worlds.
19) Although I have taken great trouble to try to enjoy the miserable sense-gratification available in this world, I shall now give it up. I shall now reside in Vraja, serve Lord Govinda, hear and chant the topics of Lord Krsna, chant the holy names of Lord Krsna, and at every moment relish the transcendental mellows of devotional service in the association of the residents of Vraja.
20) I shall always aspire to serve the Lord, and great faith in the Lord will become manifested in my mind. In this way I shall remain always fearless in all situations. Narottama dasa says: Somehow or other I have accepted the role of a non-devotee. O my master, O great soul, please deliver me.
Remarks/ Extra Information:
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 19, 2016