Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Bhale Gaura Gadadharer Arati
Official Name: Sri Surabhi Kunjer Gaura Gadadhara Aratik (Arati-Kirtan Song 1)
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Gitavali
bhāle gorā-gadādharer ārati nehāri
nadīyā-pūraba-bhāve jāu balihārī
sabu sakhī-beṣṭita kiśora-kiśorī
puraṭa-jaḍita kota maṇi-gajamati
jhamaki’ jhamaki’ labhe prati-ańga-jyotiḥ
nīla nīrada lāgi’ vidyut-mālā
duhuń ańga mili’ śobhā bhuvana-ujālā
śańkha bāje, ghanṭā bāje, bāje karatāla
madhura mṛdańga bāje parama rasāla
viśākhādi sakhī-vṛnda duhuń guna gāowe
priya-narma-sakhī-gaṇa cāmara dhulāowe
anańga mańjarī cuyā-candana deowe
mālatīra mālā rūpa mańjarī lāgāowe
pańca-pradīpe dhori’ karpūra-bāti
lalitā-sundarī kore jugala-ārati
devī-lakṣmī-śruti-gaṇa dharaṇī loṭāowe
gopī-jana-adhikāra raowata gāowe
bhakativinoda rohi’ surabhīki kuńje
ārati-daraśane prema-sukha bhuńje
1) As I behold the wondrous arati of my Lords Gaura and Gadadhara, I enter into the mood of Their existence previous to appearing in Nadiya (Their Vrndavana lila as Sri Sri Radha and Krsna). It is simply indescribable.
2) Underneath a desire-tree, seated upon a jeweled throne, the ever-youthful couple named Kisora and Kisori are surrounded by all of Their gopi friends.
3) Sri Radhika and Lord Govindaji are decorated with many shining jewels and pearls inlaid with gold artwork, enhancing the sparkling splendor of each and every limb of Their transcendental forms.
4) The meeting of Their two bodily forms has generated a luster that brightens all the worlds, and may be compared to a garland of lightning (Radha) fixed upon a dark blue raincloud (Krsna).
5) On the occasion of Their meeting there is a concert produced by the sounding of conchshells, bells, karatalas and mrdangas. Such kirtana is supremely sweet and relishable to hear.
6) The cowherd damsels of Vrndavana led by Visakha Devi sing the glories of the Divine Couple while the priya-narma-sakhis cool Their Lordships by waving camara fans.
7) Ananga Manjari offers Them sandalwood pulp scented with cuwa while Rupa Manjari places a garland of jasmine flowers about Their necks.
8) The beautiful Lalita Sundari holds a lamp of five flames scented with camphor and waves it aloft, offering arati to the Divine Couple.
9) Parvati, Laksmi, and the personified Vedas cry in great happiness while rolling on the ground and singing of the fortunate position of the damsels of Vraja-bhumi.
10) Bhaktivinoda resides at Surabhi Kunja in the land of Godruma-dwipa, relishing the joy of divine love at the sight of this beautiful arati.
Remarks/ Extra Information:
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: June 14, 2017