Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Evara He Arjuna Suna
Official Name: Chapter 9
Author: A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
Book Name: Gitar Gan
evara he arjun suna asuya rahita
ei ek guhyatama kahi tava hita
iha hay jnan ar vijnana-sammata
janile se mukta hay sarb asubhata
raj-vidya ei jnan raj guhya kahe
pavitra uttam taha sadharan nahe
yahara sadhane hay pratyaksanubhav
susukha se dharma hay avyay baibhav
yahara se sraddha nai ohe parantap
ei dharma vijnanete vrtha japatap
se amake nahi pay janiha niscay
mrtyu samsarera pathe nirantar ray
avyakta ye nirvises amar-i rup
jagata vyapiya thaki anirdista rup
amate jagat sab na ami tahate
parinam hay taha amara saktite
amara saktite thake bhinna ama hate
yogaisvarya sei mor bujha bhala mate
bharta sakala bhuter nahi se bhutastha
bhuta-bhrt nam mor bhutadi tatastha
akasa ar ye vayu serupa tulana
akasa prthaka hate vayura calana
akasa sarvatra vyapta vayu yatha thake
tatha sarvabhuta sthita thake ye amate
prakrtir lay hale visrama amate
kalparambhe hay srsti punah ama hate
pralayer pare thaki ami ye isvar
srsta-srsta yaha kichu amara kinkar
amara prakrti dvara srji punah punah
prakrtira vase hay yata bhuta gram
kintu dhananjay tumi bujhibe niscay
prakrtira karye kabhu ami lipta nay
udasin ami sei prakrtira karye
asakti nahe ta' mor prakrti vidharye
ingita-matra se mor jada-karya kare
caracar yata kichu prasabe sabare
jagat parivartana hay sei se karan
punah punah hay yata janama maran
amara manusyakar vigraha dekhiya
mudha lok nahi bujhe avajna kariya
ami mahesvara ei jagata samsare
amara parama bhav ke bujhite pare
amake avajna tai vyartha sab asa
biphala karama tar jnanera jijnasa
yahara asuri bhav raksasa svabhav
chade more mane sudhu prakrti baibhav
prakrti mohini murti tare jari mare
mayamay murti bale tahara amare
kintu yeva mahatma se aradhya-prakrti
asraya laiya kare bhajana sangati
ananya manete kare visuddha bhajan
samasta bhutera adi amake takhan
laksana se mahatmar hay vilaksan
mahima amar kare satata kirtan
amara mahima janya sarva karme rata
sakala visaye yata hao drdha-vrata
bhaktira yajana ar pranama vijnapti
nitya-seva upasana amakei prapti
yara suddha bhakta nahe kintu more bhaje
jnan yajna kari
ahamgraha upasan ekatva se nam
prthakatve upasana pratikopasan
visva-rupa upasana anirdista-rup
nirakar-bhav kimba bhave bahu-rup
ami-i sei smarta-yajne srouta vaisyadev
ami-i se svadha mantra ousadha vibhed
ami-i se agni homa ghrtadi samagri
ami pita ami mata athava vidhatr
ami pitamaha vedya pavitra omkar
ami rk ami sam yaju kimba ar
ami gati ami bharta more saksi kara
ami se saranya-dham prabhava pralaya
ami se utpatti sthiti vija avyay
ami vrsti ami megh ami mrtyumay
ami se amrta tattva suna he arjun
sadasad yaha kichu ami visvarup
karma-kanda veda tray,sadhane ye purna hay,
soma-ras pane papa ksay
yajna mor upasana,yeva kare se sadhana,
svarga-sukh prarthana se kare
punyera phalete sei,surendra lokete yay,
divya-sukh bhog setha kare
visala se svarga-sukh,bhule yay jada duhkha,
trayi dharma karma-kandapayo-mukha visa-bhanda
amrta bhaviya yeva khay
gatagati kama-labh,janme janme mahatap,
tar janma adhahpate yay
kintu ye ananya-bhave more cinta kare
ekanta haiya sudhu amake ye smare
sei nitya-yukta bhakta amara se priya
ye sukha cahaye sei hay mor deya
ami tar yogaksem bahi lai yai
ama vina anya tar kona cinta nai
itara devata yeva puje sraddha kari
seo amake puje vidhi dharma chadi
sarva yajnesvara ami prabhu ara bhokta
se katha bujhe na yara nahe tattva-vetta
ataev tattva-jnan haite vicyuta
pratikopasana sei tattvika vismrta
itara devata yaji yay devaloke
pitrlok upasak yay pitrloke
bhut-pret upasak bhutaloke yay
amake bhajana kare amakei pay
amara pujana hay sakale sambhav
daridra hale-o nahe apeksa vaibhav
patra puspa phal jal bhakta more dyay
bhaktira karana sei grahaniya hay
yatna kari mor bhakta yaha kichu dyay
santusta haiya lai bhaktira prabhay
nirapeksa bhakta tumi e mora niscaya
tomara ye karyakram saba bhakti haya
ataev kara yaha bhog yajna tap
arpana karaha tumi amake sesab
subhasubha phal yaha hay taha dvara
tahara bandhana hate mukt tumi sara
sei se sannyasa-yog karite yuyay
yahara phalete lok more prapta haya
ami ta' sakala bhute dekhi samabhav
nahe keha priya mor dvesya va prabhav
kintu sei bhaje more bhakti-yukta hai
se amate ami tate asakta ye rai
ananya ye bhakta yadi kabhu duracar
bhajana karaye more ekanisthatar
se sadhu mantavya hay samyag vyavasita
dosa tar kichu nay se ye drdha-vrata
ati-sighra yabe sei bhava duracar
dharma-bhav habe tar bhaktite amar
he kaunteya! pratijna e sunaha amar
amara ye bhakta hay nas nahi tar
amake asray kari yeva pap-yoni
mlecchadi yavan kimba besya madhye gani
kimba vaisya sudra yadi amara asray
paibe vaikuntha gati janiha niscay
brahmana ksatriya yara tadera ki katha
ataev e anitya samsare asiya
bhajana karaha mor niscinte basiya
manmana madbhakta mor bhajana pujan
amake pranam tumi kara sarvaksan
matpara haye tumi nija karya kara
avasya paibe more jana iha kara
bhaktivedanta kahe sri-gitara gan
sune yadi suddha bhakta krsnagata-pran
1) The Supreme Lord said: My dear Arjuna, because you are never envious of Me, I shall impart to you this most secret wisdom, knowing which you shall be relieved of the miseries of material existence.
2) This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.
3) Those who are not faithful on the path of devotional service cannot attain Me, O conqueror of foes, but return to birth and death in this material world.
4) By Me, in My unmanifested form, this entire universe is pervaded. All beings are in Me, but I am not in them.
5) And yet everything that is created does not rest in Me. Behold My mystic opulence! Although I am the maintainer of all living entities, and although I am everywhere, still My Self is the very source of creation.
6) As the mighty wind, blowing everywhere, always rests in ethereal space, know that in the same manner all beings rest in Me.
7) O son of Kunti, at the end of the millennium every material manifestation enters into My nature, and at the beginning of another millennium, by My potency I again create.
8) The whole cosmic order is under Me. By My will it is manifested again and again, and by My will it is annihilated at the end.
9) O Dhananjaya, all this work cannot bind Me. I am ever detached, seated as though neutral.
10) This material nature is working under My direction, O son of Kunti, and it is producing all moving and unmoving beings. By its rule this manifestation is created and annihilated again and again.
11) Fools deride Me when I descend in the human form. They do not know My transcendental nature and My supreme dominion over all that be.
12) Those who are thus bewildered are attracted by demonic and atheistic views. In that deluded condition, their hopes for liberation, their fruitive activities, and their culture of knowledge are all defeated.
13) O son of Prtha, those who are not deluded, the great souls, are under the protection of the divine nature. They are fully engaged in devotional service because they know Me as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, original and inexhaustible.
14) Always chanting My glories, endeavoring with great determination, bowing down before Me, these great souls perpetually worship Me with devotion.
15) Others, who are engaged in the cultivation of knowledge, worship the Supreme Lord as the one without a second, diverse in many, and in the universal form.
16) But it is I who am the ritual, I the sacrifice, the offering to the ancestors, the healing herb, the transcendental chant. I am the butter and the fire and the offering.
17) I am the father of this universe, the mother, the support, and the grandsire. I am the object of knowledge, the purifier and the syllable om. I am also the Rg, the Sama, and the Yajur [Vedas].
18) I am the goal, the sustainer, the master, the witness, the abode, the refuge and the most dear friend. I am the creation and the annihilation, the basis of everything, the resting place and the eternal seed.
19) O Arjuna, I control heat, the rain and the drought. I am immortality, and I am also death personified. Both being and nonbeing are in Me.
20) Those who study the Vedas and drink the soma juice, seeking the heavenly planets, worship Me indirectly. They take birth on the planet of Indra, where they enjoy godly delights.
21) When they have thus enjoyed heavenly sense pleasure, they return to this mortal planet again. Thus, through the Vedic principles, they achieve only flickering happiness.
22) But those who worship Me with devotion, meditating on My transcendental form--to them I carry what they lack and preserve what they have.
23) Whatever a man may sacrifice to other gods, O son of Kunti, is really meant for Me alone, but it is offered without true understanding.
24) I am the only enjoyer and the only object of sacrifice. Those who do not recognize My true transcendental nature fall down.
25) Those who worship the demigods will take birth among the demigods; those who worship ghosts and spirits will take birth among such beings; those who worship ancestors go to the ancestors; and those who worship Me will live with Me.
26) If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, I will accept it.
27) O son of Kunti, all that you do, all that you eat, all that you offer and give away, as well as all austerities that you may perform, should be done as an offering unto Me.
28) In this way you will be freed from all reactions to good and evil deeds, and by this principle of renunciation you will be liberated and come to Me.
29) I envy no one, nor am I partial to anyone. I am equal to all. But whoever renders service unto Me in devotion is a friend, is in Me, and I am also a friend to him.
30) Even if one commits the most abominable actions, if he is engaged in devotional service, he is to be considered saintly because he is properly situated.
31) He quickly becomes righteous and attains lasting peace. O son of Kunti, declare it boldly that My devotee never perishes.
32) O son of Prtha, those who take shelter in Me, though they be of lower birth--women, vaisyas [merchants], as well as sudras [workers]--can approach the supreme destination.
33) How much greater then are the brahmanas, the righteous, the devotees and saintly kings who in this temporary miserable world engage in loving service unto Me.
34) Engage your mind always in thinking of Me, offer obeisances and worship Me. Being completely absorbed in Me, surely you will come to Me.
35) Thus Bhaktivedanta sings the song of Sri Gita, with the hope that hearing this, Krsna conscious pure devotees will be pleased.
This is the Bengali translation of Bhagavad-Gita Chapter 9 “Idam Tu Te Guhyatamam.”
UPDATED: February 12, 2011