Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Idam Tu Te Guhyatamam
Official Name: Book 6 Bhagavad-Gita Parva Section 33 (Chapter 9)
idaḿ tu te guhyatamaḿ pravakṣyāmy anasūyave
jñānaḿ vijñāna-sahitaḿ yaj jñātvā mokṣyase’śubhāt
rāja-vidyā rāja-guhyaḿ pavitram idam uttamam
pratyakṣāvagamaḿ dharmyaḿ susukhaḿ kartum avyayam
aśraddadhānāḥ puruṣā dharmasyāsya parantapa
aprāpya māḿ nivartante mṛtyu-saḿsāra-vartmani
mayā tatam idaḿ sarvaḿ jagad avyakta-mūrtinā
matsthāni sarva-bhūtāni na cāhaḿ teṣv avasthitaḥ
na ca mat-sthāni bhūtāni paśya me yogam aiśvaram
bhūta-bhṛn na ca bhūta-stho mamātmā bhūta-bhāvanaḥ
yathākāśa-sthito nityaḿ vāyuḥ sarvatra-go mahān
tathā sarvāṇi bhūtāni mat-sthānīty upadhāraya
sarva-bhūtāni kaunteya prakṛtiḿ yānti māmikām
kalpa-kṣaye punas tāni kalpādau visṛjāmy aham
prakṛtiḿ svām avaṣṭabhya visṛjāmi punaḥ punaḥ
bhūta-grāmam imaḿ kṛtsnam avaśaḿ prakṛter vaśāt
na ca māḿ tāni karmāṇi nibadhnanti dhanaḿjaya
udāsīnavad āsīnam asaktaḿ teṣu karmasu
mayādhyakṣeṇa prakṛtiḥ sūyate sa-carācaram
hetunānena kaunteya jagad viparivartate
avajānanti māḿ mūḍhā mānuṣīḿ tanum āśritam
paraḿ bhāvam ajānanto mama bhūta-maheśvaram
moghāśā mogha-karmāṇo mogha-jñānā vicetasaḥ
rākṣasīm āsurīḿ caiva prakṛtiḿ mohinīḿ śritāḥ
mahātmānas tu māḿ pārtha daivīḿ prakṛtim āśritāḥ
bhajanty ananya-manaso jñātvā bhūtādim avyayam
satataḿ kīrtayanto māḿ yatantaś ca dṛḍha-vratāḥ
namasyantaś ca māḿ bhaktyā nitya-yuktā upāsate
jñāna-yajñena cāpy anye yajanto mām upāsate
ekatvena pṛthaktvena bahudhā viśvato-mukham
ahaḿ kratur ahaḿ yajñaḥ svadhāham aham auṣadham
mantro’ham aham evājyam aham agnir ahaḿ hutam
pitāham asya jagato mātā dhātā pitāmahaḥ
vedyaḿ pavitram oḿkāra ṛk sāma yajur eva ca
gatir bhartā prabhuḥ sākṣī nivāsaḥ śaraṇaḿ suhṛt
prabhavaḥ pralayaḥ sthānaḿ nidhānaḿ bījam avyayam
tapāmy aham ahaḿ varṣaḿ nigṛhṇāmy utsṛjāmi ca
amṛtaḿ caiva mṛtyuś ca sad asac cāham arjuna
traividyā māḿ somapāḥ pūta-pāpā yajñair iṣṭvā svar-gatiḿ prārthayante
te puṇyam āsādya surendra-lokam aśnanti divyān divi deva-bhogān
te taḿ bhuktvā svarga-lokaḿ viśālaḿ kṣīṇe puṇye martya-lokaḿ viśanti
evaḿ trayī-dharmam anuprapannā gatāgataḿ kāma-kāmā labhante
ananyāś cintayanto māḿ ye janāḥ paryupāsate
teṣāḿ nityābhiyuktānāḿ yoga-kṣemaḿ vahāmy aham
ye’py anya-devatā-bhaktā yajante śraddhayānvitāḥ
te’pi mām eva kaunteya yajanty avidhi-pūrvakam
ahaḿ hi sarva-yajñānāḿ bhoktā ca prabhur eva ca
na tu mām abhijānanti tattvenātaś cyavanti te
yānti deva-vratā devān pitṝn yānti pitṛ-vratāḥ
bhūtāni yānti bhūtejyā yānti mad-yājino’pi mām
patraḿ puṣpaḿ phalaḿ toyaḿ yo me bhaktyā prayacchati
tad ahaḿ bhakty-upahṛtam aśnāmi prayatātmanaḥ
yat karoṣi yad aśnāsi yaj juhoṣi dadāsi yat
yat tapasyasi kaunteya tat kuruṣva mad-arpaṇam
śubhāśubha-phalair evaḿ mokṣyase karma-bandhanaiḥ
saḿnyāsa-yoga-yuktātmā vimukto mām upaiṣyasi
samo’haḿ sarva-bhūteṣu na me dveṣyo’sti na priyaḥ
ye bhajanti tu māḿ bhaktyā mayi te teṣu cāpy aham
api cet sudurācāro bhajate mām ananya-bhāk
sādhur eva sa mantavyaḥ samyag vyavasito hi saḥ
kṣipraḿ bhavati dharmātmā śaśvac-chāntiḿ nigacchati
kaunteya pratijānīhi na me bhaktaḥ praṇaśyati
māḿ hi pārtha vyapāśritya ye’pi syuḥ pāpa-yonayaḥ
striyo vaiśyās tathā śūdrās te’pi yānti parāḿ gatim
kiḿ punar brāhmaṇāḥ puṇyā bhaktā rājarṣayas tathā
anityam asukhaḿ lokam imaḿ prāpya bhajasva mām
man-manā bhava mad-bhakto mad-yājī māḿ namaskuru
mām evaiṣyasi yuktvaivam ātmānaḿ mat-parāyaṇaḥ
1) The Supreme Lord said: My dear Arjuna, because you are never envious of Me, I shall impart to you this most secret wisdom, knowing which you shall be relieved of the miseries of material existence.
2) This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.
3) Those who are not faithful on the path of devotional service cannot attain Me, O conqueror of foes, but return to birth and death in this material world.
4) By Me, in My unmanifested form, this entire universe is pervaded. All beings are in Me, but I am not in them.
5) And yet everything that is created does not rest in Me. Behold My mystic opulence! Although I am the maintainer of all living entities, and although I am everywhere, still My Self is the very source of creation.
6) As the mighty wind, blowing everywhere, always rests in ethereal space, know that in the same manner all beings rest in Me.
7) O son of Kunti, at the end of the millennium every material manifestation enters into My nature, and at the beginning of another millennium, by My potency I again create.
8) The whole cosmic order is under Me. By My will it is manifested again and again, and by My will it is annihilated at the end.
9) O Dhananjaya, all this work cannot bind Me. I am ever detached, seated as though neutral.
10) This material nature is working under My direction, O son of Kunti, and it is producing all moving and unmoving beings. By its rule this manifestation is created and annihilated again and again.
11) Fools deride Me when I descend in the human form. They do not know My transcendental nature and My supreme dominion over all that be.
12) Those who are thus bewildered are attracted by demonic and atheistic views. In that deluded condition, their hopes for liberation, their fruitive activities, and their culture of knowledge are all defeated.
13) O son of Prtha, those who are not deluded, the great souls, are under the protection of the divine nature. They are fully engaged in devotional service because they know Me as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, original and inexhaustible.
14) Always chanting My glories, endeavoring with great determination, bowing down before Me, these great souls perpetually worship Me with devotion.
15) Others, who are engaged in the cultivation of knowledge, worship the Supreme Lord as the one without a second, diverse in many, and in the universal form.
16) But it is I who am the ritual, I the sacrifice, the offering to the ancestors, the healing herb, the transcendental chant. I am the butter and the fire and the offering.
17) I am the father of this universe, the mother, the support, and the grandsire. I am the object of knowledge, the purifier and the syllable om. I am also the Rg, the Sama, and the Yajur [Vedas].
18) I am the goal, the sustainer, the master, the witness, the abode, the refuge and the most dear friend. I am the creation and the annihilation, the basis of everything, the resting place and the eternal seed.
19) O Arjuna, I control heat, the rain and the drought. I am immortality, and I am also death personified. Both being and nonbeing are in Me.
20) Those who study the Vedas and drink the soma juice, seeking the heavenly planets, worship Me indirectly. They take birth on the planet of Indra, where they enjoy godly delights.
21) When they have thus enjoyed heavenly sense pleasure, they return to this mortal planet again. Thus, through the Vedic principles, they achieve only flickering happiness.
22) But those who worship Me with devotion, meditating on My transcendental form--to them I carry what they lack and preserve what they have.
23) Whatever a man may sacrifice to other gods, O son of Kunti, is really meant for Me alone, but it is offered without true understanding.
24) I am the only enjoyer and the only object of sacrifice. Those who do not recognize My true transcendental nature fall down.
25) Those who worship the demigods will take birth among the demigods; those who worship ghosts and spirits will take birth among such beings; those who worship ancestors go to the ancestors; and those who worship Me will live with Me.
26) If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, I will accept it.
27) O son of Kunti, all that you do, all that you eat, all that you offer and give away, as well as all austerities that you may perform, should be done as an offering unto Me.
28) In this way you will be freed from all reactions to good and evil deeds, and by this principle of renunciation you will be liberated and come to Me.
29) I envy no one, nor am I partial to anyone. I am equal to all. But whoever renders service unto Me in devotion is a friend, is in Me, and I am also a friend to him.
30) Even if one commits the most abominable actions, if he is engaged in devotional service, he is to be considered saintly because he is properly situated.
31) He quickly becomes righteous and attains lasting peace. O son of Kunti, declare it boldly that My devotee never perishes.
32) O son of Prtha, those who take shelter in Me, though they be of lower birth--women, vaisyas [merchants], as well as sudras [workers]--can approach the supreme destination.
33) How much greater then are the brahmanas, the righteous, the devotees and saintly kings who in this temporary miserable world engage in loving service unto Me.
34) Engage your mind always in thinking of Me, offer obeisances and worship Me. Being completely absorbed in Me, surely you will come to Me.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: December 22, 2015