Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Gopinath Amar Upaya
Official Name: Upalabdhi Vijnapti Song 3
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Kalyana Kalpataru
gopīnāth, āmāra upāya nāi
tumi kṛpā kori', āmāre loile,
saḿsāre uddhāra pāi
gopīnāth, porechi māyāra phere
dhana, dāra, suta, ghireche āmāre,
kāmete rekheche jere
gopīnāth, mana je pāgala mora
nā māne śāsana, sadā acetana,
viṣaye ro 'yeche ghora
gopināth, hāra je menechi āmi
aneka jatana, hoilo bifala,
ekhano bharasā tumi
gopīnāth, kemone hoibe gati
prabala indriya, bośī-bhūta mana,
nā chāre viṣaya-rati
gopīnāth, hṛdoye bosiyā mora
manake śamiyā, laho nija pāne,
ghucibe vipada ghora
gopīnāth, anātha dekhiyā more
tumi hṛṣīkeśa, hṛṣīka damiyā,
tāro 'he saḿsṛti-ghore
gopīnāth, galāya legeche phāsa
kṛpā-asi dhori', bandhana chediyā,
vinode koroho dāsa
WORD FOR WORD TRANSLATION: Gopinath! Amar Upaya Nai
1) O Gopinatha, I have no means of success, but if You take me, having bestowed your mercy upon me, then I will obtain deliverance from this world.
2) O Gopinatha, I have fallen into the perils of material illusion. Wealth, wife, and sons have surrounded me, and lust has wasted me away.
3) O Gopinatha, my mind is crazy and does not care for any authority. It is always senseless and has remained in the dark pit of worldly affairs.
4) O Gopinatha, I have accepted my defeat. All of my various endeavors were useless. Now You are the only hope.
5) O Gopinatha, how shall I make any advancement when my mind has come under the control of the powerful senses and does not abandon its attachment to materialism?
6) O Gopinatha, after sitting down in the core of my heart and subduing my mind, please wake me to You. In this way the horrible dangers of this world will disappear.
7) O Gopinatha, You are Hrsikesa, the Lord of the senses. Seeing me so helpless, please control these senses of mine and deliver me from this dark and perilous worldly existence.
8) O Gopinatha, the noose of materialism has become fixed around my neck. Taking up the sword of Your mercy and cutting this bondage, make this Bhaktivinoda Your humble servant.
Remarks/ Extra Information:
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: June 8, 2017