Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Harinama Tuwa Anek Swarupa
Official Name: Sri Namastaka Song 5
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Gitavali
harinām, tuwā aneka swarūp
rāma, kṛṣṇa, hari, mādhava, narahari,
govinda, vāmana, śrī-madhusūdana,
ityādika nām, swarūpe prakām,
bāḍuk mora rati rāge
rūpa-swarūpa-pada, jāni’ nija sampada,
bhaktivinoda dhori’ māge
1) O Harinama, You possess unlimited forms, such as the beloved son of Mother Yasoda, the increaser of the bliss of Gokula, the son of Nanda, and the reservoir of all transcendental mellows.
2) You are the slayer of the demons Putana and Trnavarta, the breaker of the cart, the protector of the cows, the player of the flute, the destroyer of the demons Agha and Baka, the holder of Govardhan Hill, and You are a cowherd boy.
3) You destroyed the Kesi demon, bewildered Lord Brahma, and broke the pride of Indra, king of Heaven. You are the destroyer of Aristasura, the enchanter of all the young girls of Gokula, and You sport along the sandy banks of the river Yamuna.
4) You delight Srimati Radhika and give life to the rasa dance. You sport in the groves near Radha Kunda, performing a variety of pastimes. You are the reservoir of pleasure, attractive to every living being. You remove all inauspiciousness and are the husband of the goddess of fortune. You are the source of all incarnations such as Lord Nrsimha, the half-man half-lion incarnation and Matsya, the fish avatara.
5) O Harinam, You are pleasing to the cows, land and senses. You are the dwarf brahmana incarnation Vamana and the slayer of the demon Madhu. You are the moon of the Yadu dynasty and always wear beautiful garlands of fresh forest flowers. You are the destroyer of the Kaliya serpent, the delighter of Gokula and You rejoice in the worship of Srimati Radharani.
6) Thakura Bhaktivinoda, understanding Your glories, clasps the lotus feet of Rupa Goswami and Swarup Damodar Goswami and prays, “O Harinam, according to Your sweet will You are manifest in all these forms and in many others also. Please let them increase my love and attachment for You.”
Remarks/ Extra Information:
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: June 26, 2009