Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Jagabandhu He Gosain
Official Name: None
Book Name: None
jagabandhu he gosāiń
tumbha śrī caraṇa binu ānya gati nāhiń
sātasa pacāśa kośa cāli na pārai
moha jivājāeń nandighoṣe thiva rahi
ratha cāri pāśe lambe mukutāra jharā
jhala mala diśuthāi prabhu cakāḍolā
bāiśī pāhacha tāle bikāhue bhāta
darśana teṇiki thāu kaivalye mukata
āge cāle balabhadra madhye cānda mukhīńre
āsuchi kāliā pache gahala lagāire
kahe sālabega hīna jātīre yavana
ehīmate ājńā heo 'siri bṛndāvana
1) O Friend of the World, there is no other destination but Your lotus feet.
2) It is very difficult to walk the 750 kosas to see You. You please remain on Nandighosa until then.
3) O Lord Cakadola, O Lord Jagannatha having large round eyes shaped like wheels, You look brilliant within the chariot which is decorated with streaming festoons on all four sides.
4) Below the twenty-two steps leading to Your abode I can achieve liberation by taking the dry-rice prasadam available there. Having Your darsana can wait until later.
5) Balabhadra moves in the front with moon-shaped Subhadra in the middle. At the rear comes Kalia, Jagannatha, the blackish one, creating a big commotion.
6) Salabega, of low birth, begs permission to be somehow allowed to reside in Sri Vrndavana.
In verse 2, the word “kosa” is mentioned One kosa equals roughly 2 miles. 750 kosas refers to the distance from Vrndavana to Puri. 'Nandighosa' is the name of Jagannatha's chariot.
In verse 5, there is a mention of rice prasadam and Jagannatha’s temple. There are 22 steps leading from the public street into the Jagannatha temple. Fresh-rice prasad is only available inside the temple. Dry-rice prasad is available on the public street.
This song was translated by Gopal Jiu Publications and printed in the fourth issue of Sri Krishna Kathamrita magazine entitled, "The Confidential Meaning of Ratha-yatra".
UPDATED: January 29, 2017