Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Jaya Jaya Prabhu Mora Thakura Haridasa
Official Name: Haridasa Thakura Sucaka Kirtana
Author: Anonymous (1-4); Krsnadasa Kaviraja (5-7)
Book Name: None (1-4); Caitanya Caritamrta (5-7)
jaya jaya prabhu mora ṭhākura haridāsa
ye karilā harināmera mahimā prakāśa
gaurabhakta-gaṇa madhye sarva agragaṇya
yāra guṇa gāi kānde āpane caitanya
advaita ācārya prabhura prema-sīmā
teńho se jānena haridāsera mahimā
nityānanda-cāńda yāre prāṇa hena jāne
caraṇa paraye mahī deha dhanya māne
hare kṛṣṇa hare rāma ke śunābe āra
haridāsa chepe gela prāṇa bāńcā bhāra
haridāsa āchila pṛthivīra śiromaṇi
teńho vinā ratna śūnya haila medinī
jaya haridāsa bali kara haridhvani
eta bali mahāprabhu nācena āpani
sabe gāya jaya jaya jaya haridāsa
nāmera mahimā yeńha karilā prakāśa
Refrain: Glory, glory to my Prabhu, Thakura Haridasa, who has manifested the greatness of Harinam!
1) Amongst all the devotees of Gaura, he is certainly the best. Upon singing his glories, Caitanya Himself weeps.
2) Advaita Acarya is the limit of prema for Mahaprabhu, and he knew the greatness of Haridasa.
3) The moonlike Nityananda is known as the life [of Haridasa], and the touch of Haridasa's feet grants auspiciousness to the world!
4) Hare Krsna, Hare Rama -- who more shall hear? As Haridas departed, life became a burden to bear.
5) Haridas was the crown-jewel of the Earth; In his absence, the Earth has lost its gem.
6) Say 'Jaya Haridas' and make the hari-dhvani! So said Mahaprabhu and danced himself.
7) Everyone sang, “Jaya Jaya, Jaya Haridasa,” who brought forth the glory of the name!
This is to be sung in Raga Sri.
The last three verses are from the Antya Lila Chapter 11 Verses 97 through 99 of the Caitanya Caritamrta.
UPDATED: July 20, 2016