Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Jaya Jaya Sri Caitanya Patita Pavana
Official Name: Invocation
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Kalyana Kalpataru
jaya jaya sri-caitanya patita-pavana
jaya nityananda-prabhu anatha-tarana
jaya jayadvaita-candra krpar-sagar
jaya rupa-sanatana, jaya gadadhar
sri-jiva gopala-bhatta raghunatha-dvoy
jaya braja-dhamabasi baisnaba-nicoy
jaya jaya navadvipa-basi bhakta-gana
sabe mili' krpa more koro' bitarana
nikhila baisnaba-jana doya prakasiya
sri-jahnava-pade more rakhaha taniya
ami to' durbhaga ati, baisnaba na cini
more krpa koribena baisnaba apani
sri-guru-carane more bhakti koro' dana
je carana-bale pai tattver sandhana
brahmana sakala kori' krpa mor prati
baisnaba-carane more deho drdhamati
ucca nica sarva-jiba carane sarane
loilama ami dina hina akincana
sakale koriya krpa deho' more bar
baisnabe koruna ei granther adar
grantha-dvara baisnaba-janer krpa pai
baisnaba-krpay krsna--labha hoy bhai
baisnaba-bimukha ja're, tahar jibana
nirathaka jano' bhai, prasiddha bacana
sri-baikuntha-dhame ache nihsreya bana
tahe sobha pay kalpa-taru aganana
taha-majhe e kalyan-kalpa-taru-raja
nitya-kala nitya-dhame korena biraja
skhandha-troy ache ta'r apurva darsana
upadesa, upalabdhi, ucchvasa ganana
subhakti-prasuna tahe ati sobha pay
`kalian' namaka phal aganana tay
je sujana e bitapi korena asroy
krsna-seva-su-kalyan-phal tanra hoy
e-heno apurva brksa dilam aniya
taniya anite brksa e karkasa mana
nasilo ihara sobha, suno, sadhu-jana
tomara sakale hao e brkser
sraddha-bari diya punah koro' rupasali
koribo sakale mili' taha asvadana
nrtya kori' hari bolo', khao seva-phal
bhakti-bale koro' dura kutarka-anal
1) All glories, all glories to Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the deliverer of all the fallen soul! All glories to Sri Nityananda Prabhu, the divine saviour of those who are lost and helpless in this world!
2) All Glories to Srimad Advaita Acarya, Who is just like an unfathomable ocean of causeless mercy! All glories to Srila Rupa Gosvami, Srila Sanatana Gosvami, and to Sri Gadadhara Pandita!
3) All glories to all the multitudes of Vaisnavas who are residing in the holy abode of Vraja-dhama, headed by Srila Jiva Gosvami, Srila Gopala Bhatta Gosvami, Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami and Srila Raghunatha Bhatta Gosvami!
4) All glories to all the devotees of The Lord who live in Sri Navadvipa-dhama! I beg all of you together to kindly bestow your combined mercy upon me.
5) I pray to all you assembled Vaisnavas throughout the entire universe to please show your compassion by attracting me to the shade of the lotus feet of Sri Jahnava Devi, my eternal shelter and the very pleasure potency of Sri Nityananda Prabhu.
6) I am certainly most unfortunate, for I cannot realize who is actually a Vaisnava. Therefore I beg that, if any real Vaisnavas hear my prayer, then please be merciful to me.
7) Please bestow upon me devotional service to the lotus feet of Sri Gurudeva. Simply by the strength of those feet I can find a clue of the real transcendental truth.
8) I pray to all of the bona-fide brahmanas to please show your favor to me by giving me firm devotional determination unto the lotus feet of Vaisnavas.
9) Thus I have taken shelter at the feet of all the jiva souls, whether they are highly elevated or even if they are very low-born, for in truth I am actually the most fallen soul, very lowly and insignificant.
10) All of you Vainsavas, being very merciful towards me, kindly bless me with the following boon: I pray that all of you will show your soft-hearted compassion by respecting and appreciating what this book has to say.
11) If all the devotees thus appreciate this book, then I will receive the causeless mercy that they will shower upon me. Oh brothers! And by the mercy of all these Vaisnavas, I will attain devotion to the Supreme Lord Sri Krsna.
12) My dear friends! Know it for certain that the life of a person who is averse to any Vaisnava is lived meaninglessly, without any purpose at all. Indeed, this is known throughout all the land.
13) In the transcendental realm of Sri Vaikuntha-dhama there is a forest of the supreme perfection of life. Existing beautifully within that transcendental forest are innumerable wish-fulfilling desire-trees.
14) Amongst all the desire-trees within this transcendental forest, there stands out one special tree, which is actually the King of them all. This one is named "the Desire-tree of Auspiciousness", and it conspicuously exists here within the eternal abode for all of time.
15) What a wonderful sight is this special desire-tree, as it stands with its three-fold trunk! These three divisions branch out as "Upadesa" (spiritual advice), "Upalabdhi" (attainment of realization) and "Ucchvasa" (overflowing spiritual emotions).
16) This tree is very beautifully decorated with flower blossoms of especially sweet devotional service. Plus there are innumerable fruits which are named `kalyan' (auspiciousness).
17) Any honest or noble person who sincerely takes shelter of this transcendental tree get to taste these fruits of special, supreme auspiciousness, which is devotional service to Lord Krsna.
18) By utilizing the strength that I am obtaining from the mercy of the lotus feet of Sri Gurudeva, I have now brought this wonderful Desire-tree of Auspiciousness here.
19) Oh honest and noble persons! Please hear what has happened now. When I brought the tree here, I have pulled it forcibly and handled it very roughly due to my harsh mentality; therefore it has now lost it's original splendorous beauty.
20) Now I wish that all of you should become the gardeners of this transcendental tree and, by regularly watering it with your faith and devotion, make it beautiful again.
21) By pouring the water of your faith, the fruits of auspiciousness will fructify into eternal service to the Divine Couple Sri-Sri-Radha-Krsna, which all of us together will taste and relish.
22) Just eat all these sweet fruits of conjugal service while dancing and chanting the holy names! And on the strength of this devotional service, please extinguish the blazing forest fire of all the useless arguments that I will now begin to describe one by one in the first chapter of this book.
Remarks/ Extra Information:
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: June 27, 2009