Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Kali Kukkura Kadan
Official Name: Ucchvasa: Ucchvasa Kirtana Nama Kirtana Song 1; Prabhati Giti
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Kalyana Kalpataru
kali-kukkura kadana yadi cāo (he)
kali-yuga pāvana, kali-bhaya-nāśana,
śrī śacī-nandana gāo (he)
gadādhara-mādana, nitā’yera prāṇa-dhana,
advaitera prapūjita gorā
nimāi viśvambhara, śrīnivāsa-īśvara,
śuddha bhakta-pālana, śuṣka-jñāna-tāḍana,
1) If you want to be rid of the influence of the dog-like personality of kali, then just sing the glories of the beautiful Son of Mother Saci (Saci-nandana). He is the Savior of the kali-yuga (Kali-yuga Pavana), and He is (Kali-bhay-nasana), the destroyer of all fear caused by the age of quarrel.
2) He maddens Sri Gadhadara with His name, (Gadadhara-madana) He is the treasure of the life of Sri Nityananda Prabhu (Nita'yer Prana-dhana), and He is the most worshipable object of Sri Advaita Acarya (Advaiter Prapujita). He is affectionately named Nimai by His mother, due to being born under a Nim tree, and He has been named Visvambhara by His grandfather. He is the only Lord of Sri Srivasa (Srinivas-isvar), and He steals the hearts of all the assembled devotees (Bhakta-samuha-cita-cora).
3) Lord Caitanya is the moon over Nadia (Nadiya-sasadhar), the Lord of Sri Mayapura-dhama (Mayapura-isvar), and the divine propagator of His own name (Nama-pravartana Sura). He is the instructor of family men (Grhijana-siksaka), and He is also the hero of those who are in the renounced order (Nyasi-kula-nayaka). He is the husband of the Goddess of Fortune (Madhava), and He is over-flowing with the ecstatic moods and sentiments of Srimati Radharani (Radha-bhava-pura).
4) Lord Caitanya is the corrector and purifier of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya (Sarvabhauma-sodhana), and the deliverer of King Prataparudra (Gajapati-tarana), the source of nourishment of Srila Ramananda Raya (Ramananda-posana), and He is a great hero (Vira). He increases the ecstasy of Srila Rupa Gosvami (Rupananda-vardhana), He is the maintainer and protector of Srila Sanatana Gosvami (Sanatana-palana), He gladdens Haridasa Thakura (Haridasa-modana) and He is very grave (Dhira).
5) Lord Caitanya is the source of all the transcendental mellows of Vraja-dhama (Braja-rasa Bhavana), He is the destroyer of all mischievous and wicked mentality (Dustamata-satana), and He dissolves the mundane lust of the deceitful insincere souls by His causeless mercy (Kapati Vighatana Kama). He maintains and protects His pure Vaisnava devotees (Suddha-bhakta-palana), and He chastises dry speculative knowledge (Suskajnana Tadana). He destroys pretentious and hypocritical devotion (Chala-bhakti-dusana), and He is the reservoir of pleasure (Rama)
This song can be rendered in the morning Bengali raga, as Bhaktivinoda Thakura intended this song for morning worship. Riksaraja prabhu rendered this song Raga Sindhura Gandhara in his 1978 Golden Avatar release of “Reservoir of Pleasure.”
Si Del Terrible Perro De Kali (SPANISH)
UPDATED: June 28, 2009