Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Krsnera Prasade Gopa Baise Vrndavane
Official Name: Sri Krsner Rupa Varnan
Author: Gunaraj Khan
Book Name: Krsna Vijaya
kṛṣṇera prasāde gopa baise bṛndābane
roga śoka bhaya kichui na jāne
sarba-kṣaṇa sarba-jana govinda pāila
janma-janma-kṛta-pāpa saba dūra haila
hena-kāle haila kṛṣṇa dwādaśa batsar
bhuvana-mohana rūpa ati-manohar
pūrṇimāra candra jini badana-kamal
khañjana jiniyā śobhe nayana-jugal
mayūrera puccha śire kuṭila kuntal
hīrā-maṇi-māṇikya śobhe karṇera kuṇḍal
nānā barṇera puṣpa-mālā hṛdaya-upare
subarṇa-ańgurī sāje balayā dui kare
pāyete nupūra sāje mukuṭa śobhe māthe
bālakera sańge batsa rakhe jagannāthe
pīta-dhaḍā-paridhāna deba bana-mālī
dekhiyā jubatī saba sthira nahe man
kāmete pīḍita gopī cinta kṛṣṇera caraṇ
madane dagadha citta jubatī-samāj
swāmīre chāḍiyā bhaya khaṇḍileka lāj
rātri dine jubatī gobinde haila mati
gṛha-karma chāḍileka sakala jubatī
kothā āche govindāi jāba tāńra ṭhāñi
kon prakāre tāńra daraśana pāi
neha mate govindera cinte gopī-gaṇ
antarjāmī gosāñī jānila takhan
jāniyā ta' govindāi pāti jogamāyā
kariba ta' rāsa-krīḍā bṛndābane giyā
naḍilā jamunā-tīre sundara-kānāñi
nānā brkṣa puṣpa-latā āchaya tathāi
guṇarāja khānna bole govinda-caraṇ
1) By Lord Krsna's mercy, the gopa people in Vrndavana did not know anything of disease, lamentation, or fear.
2) At every moment Govinda protected everyone. All the sins of every past birth were thrown far away.
3) When He attained the age of twelve years, Krsna became very handsome. He enchanted all the worlds.
4) His lotus face defeated the full moon. His charming eyes defeated the khanjana birds.
5) He wore a peacock feather atop His curly hair. He wore earrings of rubies and diamonds.
6) On His chest was a flower garland of many colors. On His hands were golden rings and bracelets.
7) On His feet were anklets and on His graceful head a crown. Accompanied by many boys, He who is the master of the universes passed His time protecting the calves.
8) His body adorned with a yellow dhoti and a forest-flower garland, He was like a monsoon cloud accompanied by lightning
9) His face was splendid like a mirror of pastime jewels. His drops of perspiration were like a row of stars.
10) When they saw Krsna, the young girls could not stay peaceful at heart. When they thought of Krsna's feet, the gopis were tormented by desire.
11) Their hearts burning with passion, and they fear and shyness broken to pieces, the young girls abandoned their husbands.
12) Day and night, the young girls thought of Krsna. They could not think of their household duties.
13) They thought, "Where is Krsna? What shall I do to be able to see Him?"
14) As they thought of Krsna in this way, they could see Him residing in their hearts.
15) Aware of their hearts, Krsna will manifest His yogamaya potency and enjoy a rasa-dance pastime with them in Vrndavana forest.
16) Handsome Krsna walked by the Yamuna's shore, where the trees and vines bore many flowers.
17) With one heart please hear, O people, Gunaraja Khan's description of Lord Krsna's feet, a description that lifts us out of the world of birth and death.
This is to be sung in Raga Vibhasa.
UPDATED: June 28, 2009