Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Madhava Parihara Me Patam
Official Name: Volume 6 Song 18
Author: Rupa Goswami
Book Name: Stavamala
mādhava parihara me paṭam etam
yāmi javena niketam
śuddha-satī-vrata-vittā aham atinirmala-cittā
prathayasi sujana-vimuktaḿ narmedaḿ kim ayuktam
yadi jānāmy adhitīraḿ tvām atigūḍha-śarīram
dūre sūra-sutāyāḿ sāyaḿ katham upayāyām
vidadhe bhavad avanāmaḿ caritaḿ parihara vāmam
vartma sanātanam ucitaḿ pālaya dhārmika-rucitam
Refrain: Madhava, let go of my garments! I am going home at once!
1) I am famous for my vow of chastity. My heart is pure.
2) Why do You speak these immoral jokes the pious never say?
3) If I had known You would be hiding here on the shore
4) Then how could I have come so far along the Yamuna at sunset?
5) I bow down before You. Please give up these immoral acts!
6) Please follow the eternal path that pleases the pious.
This song is sung in Raga Dhanasri.
UPDATED: July 4, 2009