Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Nadiya Nagare Nitai Nece Nece Gay Re
Official Name: Sriman Mahaprabhur Sata-Nama Song 1
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Gitavali
(refrain) nadīyā-nagare nitāi nece’ nece’ gāy re
jagannātha-suta mahāprabhu viśvambhara
śacī-suta gaurahari nimāi-sundara
nāmānanda capala bālaka mātṛ-bhakta
brahmāṇḍa-vadana tarkī kautukānurakta
vidyārthi-uḍupa caura-dvayera mohana
lakṣmī-prati bora-dātā uddhata bālaka
ārya-dharma-pāla pitṛ-gayā piṇḍa-dātā
nityānanda-prāna gadādharera jīvana
nārāyanī-kṛpā-sindhu jīvera niyantā
kuliyā-prakāśe duṣṭa paḍuyāra trāna
yavana-uddhārī bhaṭṭa-ballabhera rańgī
bhaktera gaurava-kārī bhakta-prāna-dhana
godruma-pati gora nitāi-jīvana
vṛndāvana-bhāva-vibhora advaitera dhana
nadīyā-nagare nitāi nece’ nece’ gāy re
bhakativinoda tā’r poḍe rańga-pāy re
(Refrain:) Oh! In the towns and villages of Nadiya, Lord Nityananda ecstatically dances and sings these names of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu:
1) Lord Caitanya is the beloved son of Jagannatha Misra. He is Mahaprabhu, the great master, and maintainer of the whole world. He is the shining moon of Mayapur, and the source of all nectar for the land of Navadvipa.
2) He is the beloved son of Saci Mata, and is Lord Hari with a fair golden complexion. As He was born under a nim tree He was called Nimai-sundara (beautiful Nimai). He is covered by the sentiment and luster of Srimati Radharani, and He is the best of all dancers.
3) He becomes restless upon hearing the holy names of Lord Hari. In His boyhood pastimes He is swift and agile, and is devoted to His mother. He displays the entire universe within His mouth, is a great logician, and is fond of joking and playing pranks.
4) He is the moon among scholarly students, and He bewildered two thieves who tried to steal His jewels when He was a small child. He is the cynosure of all philosophers, and He teased and joked with the village girls of Nadiya.
5) He is the giver of blessings to Laksmi-priya (His first wife). He is very mischievous as a child, and is the dispeller of the grief Saci-mata felt after losing her husband Jagannatha and first son Visvarupa.
6) He is the Lord and husband of Laksmi-priya. By His sankirtan movement He removed all the distress of East Bengal. He eradicated the pride of the conquering pandita named Kesava Kasmiri, and is the beloved Lord of Visnu-priya (His second wife).
7) He is the preserver of sanatana-dharma, and the giver of the pinda oblation at the holy town of Gaya after the disappearance of His father Jagannath Misra. He became the disciple of Isvara Puri, and is the protector of the Madhvacarya Sampradaya.
8) He becomes madly intoxicated by tasting the holy name of Krsna, and is the professor of the science of Krsna consciousness. Thus He inaugurated the religion of the age, nama-sankirtan.
9) He is the friend of Advaita Acarya, the treasure of Srivasa Thakura's home, the life and soul of Nityananda Prabhu, and the very source of life for Gadadhara Pandita.
10) He is the moon of Antardvipa, and the triumph of Simantadvipa. He enjoys wandering and frolicking on the island of Godruma, and is the shelter of pastimes in Madhyadvipa.
11) He is the Lord of Koladvipa, the great controller of Ritudvipa, and the creator of Jahnudvipa, Modadrumadvipa, and Rudradvipa.
12) He is thus the Supreme Lord of the nine islands of Navadvipa, which serves as the stage for His wonderful pastimes. He is the life of the River Ganga, and the deliverer of all sorts of rogues and rascals beginning with Jagai and Madhai.
13) He is the lion of the village kirtanas, and the deliverer of Chand Kazi. He is the preacher of the pure holy name, and the remover of the distresses of His devotees.
14) He is the ocean of mercy for Narayani (the mother of Srila Vrndavana dasa Thakura), and is the regulator of all souls. He is the chastiser of the fallen students who criticized His chanting of "gopi! gopi!", and is the destroyer of the sins of His devotees.
15) He was initiated into sannyasa with the name of Sri Krsna Caitanya, and He is beautiful like the moon. He delivered His sannyasa-guru Kesava Bharati, is Himself the crest-jewel of all wandering renunciates, and is the savior of the region of Orissa.
16) He is the master of Lord Siva, who is known in three different Saiva tirthas as Sambu-linga, Bhuvanesvara, and Kapotesvara (visited by Lord Caitanya on His way to Jagannatha Puri). As a sannyasi He rejoiced at the sight of the Orissan deities Ksira-cora Gopinatha and Saksi Gopala.
17) He became a sannyasi without a danda (due to Lord Nityananda's breaking it in three parts and throwing it in the Bhargi River), and is full of mercy for Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya. He is ecstatic by tasting the bliss of Himself in the form of Krsna, and He is the resting place of all universal happiness.
18) He is beautiful like molten gold, and He delivered the leper Vasudeva. He is the intimate friend of Ramananda Ray, and the remover of all miseries from the family of Vyenkata Bhatta.
19) He is the refuter of the atheistic arguments of the Buddhists, Jains, and Mayavadis. He is the savior of South India, and He has brought to light the two devotional literatures, Krsna-karnamrta and Brahma-samhita.
20) He became ecstatic at the sight of the deity Alalanatha, and He danced in front of the Jagannatha cart during the Ratha-yatra festival. He delivered Gajapati Pratapa-Rudra, and was the savior of Devananda Pandita.
21) By His appearance at Kuliya He delivered the ill-behaved student community there. He is the friend of Rupa and Sanatana Goswami, and the life of all souls.
22) He is the personification of bliss in the transcendental realm of Vrndavana, and He is the companion and friend of Balabhadra Bhattacarya. On His return from Vrndavana He delivered many Mohammedans, and He is very fond of intimate exchanges with Vallabha Bhatta.
23) He delivered the Mayavadi sannyasis of Kasi, and He is the bestower of love of God. He is the chastiser of the false renunciates (called markata-vairagis for being like monkeys), and He is the savior of everyone down to the lowest class of men.
24) He is the glorifier of His devotees, and is the treasured wealth of their lives. He is the very life of such devotees as Haridasa Thakura, Raghunatha Dasa Goswami, and Svarupa Damodara.
25) He is the Supreme Master of the island of Godruma. He possesses a golden complexion and is the very life of Srila Nityananda Prabhu. He constantly remains overwhelmed with the ecstatic moods of Vrndavana, and is the supreme treasure of Srila Advaita Acarya.
26) He is the life-breath of Srila Gadadhara Pandita, the shelter of Srila Srivasa Pandita, the thief of the hearts of all the devotees of Lord Krsna, and the supreme purifier of the degraded age of Kali.
27) Oh! In the towns and villages of Nadiya, Lord Nityananda dances and dances ecstatically while singing these divine names, and Bhaktivinoda falls down at His reddish lotus feet. Oh!
No Remarks/Extra Information for this song!
Thank you to Dennis Prabhu for providing the link and request on the Krsna Kirtana forum.
UPDATED: July 2, 2017