Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Naga Patni Stuti Prita
Official Name: Obeisance 48 Verses 193 to 198
Book Name: Krsna Lila Stava
krodha-prasāda-gāmbhīrya mahā-puṇyaika-toṣya he
nāga-strī-pati-bhikṣāda jaya kāliya-bhāṣita
1) O Krsna, desiring their husband's welfare, the wives of the serpent offered obeisances to You, falling down like a stick. They pleased You with their prayers. O Lord, because Your character is very grave and profound, Your anger became appeased, You are only satisfied by the pious service of Your devotees.
2) O Krsna, because You are merciful to the guileless devotees, You satisfied the appeals of the serpent's wives. Prayed to by the serpent's wives who had given up all personal considerations, You left the marks of Your own lotus feet upon the serpent's head.
3) O Krsna, Your opulence, power and glory are inconceivable and You are the creator of the different natures of the living entities. O Lord, in the course of performing Your pastimes, You are inclined to mercifully forgive the offenses of Your own children.
4) O Krsna, when You gave the Kaliya serpent in charity to his wives, that serpent spoke to You, offering prayers. O Lord, all glories unto You. for You thus chastise those useless bewildered living entities, who have committed very horrible sins.
5) O Krsna, You marked the heads of Kaliya, the king of the snakes with Your own lotus footprints, and thus removed his fear of Garuda. You instructed the snake to return to his previous home.
6) O Krsna, You became greatly pleased and satisfied by the Kaliya serpent. When the serpent departed from the lake in the Yamuna, the lake again became pure.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 4, 2009