Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Nagare Nagare Gora Gay
Official Name: Sri Krsnaer Vimsottara-Sata-Nama Song 1
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Gitavali
(Refrain:) nagare nagare gorā gāy
indra-nīla-maṇi braja-janera jīvana
yamala-arjuna-bhañjī govinda gopāla
vatsāsurāntaka hari nija-jana-pāla
baka-śatru agha-hantā brahma-vimohana
dhenuka-nāśana kṛṣṇa kāliya-damana
pītāmbara śikhi-piccha-dhārī venu-dhara
naṭabara guhācara śarata-bihārī
vallabī-vallabha deva gopī-vastra-hārī
yajña-patnī-gaṇa-prati karunāra sindhu
govardhana-dhṛk mādhava braja-bāsī-bandhu
indra-darpa-hārī nanda-rakṣitā mukunda
śrī-gopī-vallabha rasa-krīḍa pūrnānanda
śrī-rādhā-vallabha rādhā-mādhava sundara
vana-mālī smera-mukha gopī-prāna-dhana
tri-bhańgī muralī-dhara jamunā-nāgara
rādhā-kuṇḍa-rańga-netā rasera sāgara
mānasa-gańgāra dānī prasūna-taskara
gopī-saha haṭha-kārī braja-baneśwara
rāmānuja śyāma-cānda muralī-vādaka
gopī-gīta-śrotā madhu-sūdana murāri
vyomāntaka padma-netra keśi-nisūdana
rańga-krīḍa kaḿsa-hantā malla-praharaṇa
dīna-nātha mathureśa devakī-garbha-ja
kubjā-kṛpāmoya viṣnu śauri nārāyana
dwārakeśa naraka-ghna śrī-yadu-nandana
śrī-rukminī-kānta satyā-pati sura-pāla
pāṇḍava-bāndhava śiśupālādira kāla
jagadīśa janārdana keśavārta-trāna
sarva-avatāra-bīja viśvera nidāna
māyeśwara yogeśwara brahma-tejādhāra
sarvātmāra ātmā prabhu prakṛtira pāra
patita-pāvana jagannātha sarveśwara
bṛndābana-candra sarva-rasera ākara
nagare nagare gorā gāy
bhakativinoda tachu pāy
Refrain: From village to village Lord Gaura sings these names of Sri Krsna:
1) Krsna is the baby who feeds on the breast milk of Mother Yasoda. He is the son of Maharaja Nanda, dark blue like an indra-nila gem (sapphire), and the life of the residents of Vraja.
2) He destroyed the witch of Gokula named Putana, He killed the wicked whirlwind demon Trnavarta, and He broke the cart in which the demon Sakatasura was hiding.
3) He likes to steal butter, and is an expert thief of yogurt. He broke the two arjuna trees, He is a cowherd boy who always gives pleasure to the cows, and He is the protector of the cows.
4) He is so naughty that His mother bound Him around the waist with ropes, and He is the keeper of the cows and calves of Vrndavana. He is the destroyer of the calf-demon Vatsasura, He is the remover of all evils, and is the protector of His devotees.
5) He is the enemy of the stork-demon Bakasura, the slayer of the snake-demon Aghasura, the One who bewilders Lord Brahma, the destroyer of the donkey-demon Dhenukasura, He is all-attractive, and the One who subdues Kaliya serpent.
6) He dresses in yellow silk cloth, wears peacock feathers on His head, and He always holds a flute. He performs pastimes in the Bhandira forest, and He swallowed a forest fire in order to save the inhabitants of Vraja.
7) He is the best of dancers, He wanders in the caves of Govardhana Hill, and He enjoys various amorous pastimes in the autumn season. He is the lover of the young cowherd maidens, the Supreme Lord of all, and the stealer of the gopis' garments.
8) He is the ocean of mercy for the wives of the sacrificial brahmanas, He is the holder of Govardhana Hill, the husband of the goddess of fortune, and the dear most friend of the inhabitants of Vraja.
9) He broke Indra's pride, and is the protector of His father, Nanda Maharaja. He is the giver of liberation, the lover of the cowherd maidens of Vraja, the enjoyer of the rasa dance, and the reservoir of fully complete pleasure.
10) He is the lover of Srimati Radharani, the very springtime of Her life, and is very handsome. He is the Lord of the lives of all the sakhis of Vrndavana, headed by Lalita and Visakha.
11) He possesses the lovely complexion of a fresh rain cloud, He is the One who bewilders Cupid, and is always garlanded with fresh forest flowers. His face is full of sweet smiles and laughter, and He is the wealth of the lives of all the young cowherd maidens in Vraja.
12) He possesses a beautiful three-fold bending form, and holds a flute known as murali. He is the lover of the Yamuna river, the director of all the amorous love-sports at Radha Kunda, and He is the ocean of sweet devotional mellows.
13) He is the Lord of the life of Candravali, and He is desirous of joking and playing pranks. He is very anxious to enjoy the moods of His beloved Radhika's feigned sulking, and He always endeavors to meet with Her.
14) He is the giver of the Manasa Ganga lake to the inhabitants of Vrndavana, and a thief of flower blossoms. He acts very outrageously with the maidens of Vrndavana, not caring for social restrictions, and He is the Lord of the Vraja-mandala forests.
15) He is the wealth of Gokula, and He protects the cowherd boys from all miseries. He curbs all foolish pride and removes all distress from His devotees.
16) He is the liberator of the demigod Sudarsana, and is the destroyer of the demon Sankhacuda. He is the younger brother of Lord Baladeva (Rama), He is the beautiful dark moon of Vrndavana, and the player of the murali flute.
17) He listens to the devotional songs of the gopis, and is the slayer of the demon Madhu. He is the enemy of the demon Mura, the killer of the bull-demon Aristasura, and He regularly enjoys amorous sports at Radha Kunda and other places in Vraja.
18) He is the destroyer of the sky-demon Vyomasura, His eyes are shaped like lotus petals, and He is the killer of the horse-demon Kesi. He is fond of frolicsome pastimes, is the slayer of King Kamsa, and is the conqueror of Kamsa's wrestlers named Canura and Mustika.
19) He is the beloved son of Vasudeva, and the emblem of fame for the Vrsni dynasty. The Lord of the fallen souls, He is the Monarch of Mathura, and He appears to have taken birth from the womb of Devaki.
20) He is full of mercy for the hunchbacked girl Kubja. He is the maintainer of the entire creation, the son of Vasudeva, the refuge of all souls, the Lord of Dvaraka, the slayer of the demon Narakasura, and the beloved descendant of the Yadu dynasty.
21) He is the lover of Rukmini, the husband of Satya, the protecter of the godly, the beloved friend of the five Pandava brothers, and the cause of death for Sisupala and other demonic kings.
22) He is the Lord of the universe, the maintainer of all living beings, the possessor of beautiful hair, and the deliverer from all misery. He is the primordial seed of all His various incarnations, and is the origin of all universes.
23) He is the Lord of Maya, the master of mysticism, and the proprietor of the spiritual powers of the brahmanas. The Soul of all souls, He is the Supreme Lord and master, being the opposite shore of the ocean of material nature.
24) Lord Krsna is the purifier of the fallen souls, the Lord of the universe, the controller of all beings, the moon of Vrndavana, and the original reservoir of all rasas.
25) From village to village Lord Gauranga sings these names of Krsna, and Bhaktivinoda remains at His lotus feet.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 4, 2017