Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Nila Skandhojjvala Ruci Bharair
Official Name: Volume 6 Dvitiya Govardhanastakam
Author: Rupa Goswami
Book Name: Stavamala
nīla-skandhojjvala-ruci-bharair maṇḍite bāhu-daṇḍe
chatra-cchāyāḿ dadhad agharipor labdha-saptāha-vāsaḥ
dhārā-pāta-glapita-manasāḿ rakṣitā gokulānāḿ
kṛṣṇa-preyān prathayatu sadā śarma govardhano naḥ
bhīto yasmād aprigaṇayan bāndhava-sneha-bandhān
sindhāv adris tvaritam aviśat pārvatīpūrvajo 'pi
yas tam jambhadviṣam akuruta stambha-sambheda-śūnyaḿ
sa prauḍhātmā prathayatu sadā śarma govardhano naḥ
āviṣkṛtya prakaṭa-mukuṭāṭopam ańgaḿ sthavīyaḥ
śailo 'smīti sphuṭam abhidadhat tuṣṭi-visphāra-dṛṣṭiḥ
yasmai kṛṣṇaḥ svayam arasayad ballavair dattam annaḿ
dhanyaḥ so 'yaḿ prathayatu sadā śarma govardhano naḥ
adyāpy ūrja-pratipadi mahān bhrājate yasya yajńaḥ
kṛṣṇopajńaḿ jagati surabhī-sairibhī-krīḍayāḍhyaḥ
śaṣpālambottama-taṭatayā yaḥ kuṭumbaḿ paśūnāḿ
so 'yaḿ bhūyaḥ prathayatu sadā śarma govardhano naḥ
hṛtvā śańkotkara-para-vaśair asvanaḿ sańcaradbhiḥ
vātair juṣṭaḥ prathayatu sadā śarma govardhano naḥ
kaḿsārātes tari-vilasitair ātarānańga-rańgair
ābhīrīṇāḿ praṇayam abhitaḥ pātram unmīlayantyāḥ
dhauta-grāvāvalir amalinair mānasāmartya-sindhor
vīci-vrātaiḥ prathayatu sadā śarma govardhano naḥ
yasyādhyakṣaḥ sakala-haṭhinām ādade cakravartī
śuklaḿ nānyad vraja-mṛgadṛśām arpaṇād vigrahasya
ghaṭṭasyoccair madhukara-rucas tasya dhāma-prapańcaiḥ
śyāma-prasthaḥ prathayatu sadā śarma govardhano naḥ
kuńjais talpopari pariluṭhad-vaijayantī-parītaiḥ
puṇyāńga-śrīḥ prathayatu sadā śarma govardhano naḥ
yas tuṣṭātmā sphutam anupaṭhec chraddhayā śuddhayāntar
medhyaḥ padyāṣṭakam acaṭulaḥ suṣṭhu govardhanasya
vindan premotkaram iha karoty adri-rāje sa vāsam
1) May Govardhana Hill, which for seven days became an umbrella shading Lord Krsna's arm decorated with the luster of His dark shoulder, and which protected the people of Gokula, their hearts wilting because of the torrential rains, always delight us all.
When Indra frightened him, Parvati's
3) Lord Krsna manifested a mountainlike form, clearly proclaimed, "I am the great mountain," and, His eyes wide with pleasure, ate the feast the cowherd men had offered to Govardhana Hill. May auspicious Govardhana Hill always delight us all.
4) The great worship Lord Krsna created for Govardhana Hill at the beginning of Karttika is splendidly manifested even today. Govardhana Hill is wealthy with the pastimes of the surabhi cows and buffaloes, and it nourishes them with its excellent grass. I pray that Govardhana Hill may always delight us all.
5) Stealing the precious jewel of the fragrance of the lotuses growing in Radha's favorite lake, the frightened breezes blowing on Govardhana Hill silently flee, although they are pursued by drops of water who are watchmen guarding the lake. I pray that Govardhana Hill may always delight us all.
7) The toll-station on Govardhana Hill is dark with the splendor of many black bees. The all-powerful king who guards that toll-station did not take any butter from the doe-eyed girls of Vraja when they resisted Him. I pray that Govardhana Hill may always delight us all.
8) Govardhana Hill is very beautiful with Srimati Radharani's arrogant words in the lover's quarrel and with forest groves filled with wilted lotus earrings, rejected peacock-feather crowns, and Vaijayanti garlands on beds. I pray that Govardhana Hill may always delight us all.
9) May a person who with faith, attention, and a pure and cheerful heart, reads these eight verses glorifying Govardhana Hill, reside by that king of mountains and find there intense, pure love for the red lotus feet of the lifter of Govardhana Hill.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 4, 2009