Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Payoji
Official Name: None
Author: Mira Bai
Book Name: None
Language: Braja Bhasa
(pāyo jī, maiń to nāma raṭana dhana pāyo)
bastu amolaka dī mere satguru, kirpā kari apanāyo
janma janma kī puñjī pāī, jaga meń sabai khovāyo
kharcai nahiń koī, cora na levai, dina dina baḍhata savāyo
kī nāva khevaṭiyā satguru, bhavasāgara
mīrā ke prabhu giridhara nāgara, harakha harakha jasa gāyo
1) I have found, yes, I have found the wealth of the gem of chanting the Holy Name.
2) My true spiritual master gave me a priceless thing. With his grace, I accepted it.
3) I found the treasure of my several births; I have lost the whole rest of the world.
4) No one can spend it, no one can steal it. Day by day it increases one and a quarter times.
5) On the boat of truth, the boatman was my true guru. I came across the ocean of existence.
6) The Lord of Mira Bai is the Courtly Lord Giridhara, of whom I merrily, merrily sing His glories.
The song presented above is the original bhajan Mira Bai had written. Many people, incorrectly, know of this song as “payoji maine rāma ratana dhana payo” which means “yes, indeed, I have attained the jewel of Lord Rama.” It is often rendered in Raga Pahadi in Bhajani Tala.
UPDATED: July 7, 2009