Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Phalguna Purnima Tithi Subhaga Sakali
Official Name: None
Author: Jagannatha Dasa
Book Name: None
phalguna-purnima tithi subhaga sakali
janama labhibe gora pade hulahuli
ambare amara sabe bhela unamukha
labhibe janama gora yabe saba dukha
sankha dundubhi baje parama harire
jaya-dhwani sura-gula kusuma barire
jaga bhari hari-dhwani
a-bala banita adi nara-nari-gana
subha-ksane jani gora janama labhila
purnimara candra yena prakasa karila
se-i kale candre rahu karila grahana
hari hari dhwani uthe bhariya bhubana
dina-hina uddhara ha-ibe bhela asa
dekhiya anande bhase jagannatha-dasa
1) When Lord Gaura takes birth at an auspicious moment during the full-moon of Phalguna month, there will be a joyous tumult.
2) When Lord Gaura takes birth the demigods will appear in the sky. They will crane their necks to see Him. All sufferings will flee far away.
3) Conchshells and dundubhi drums are sounded with great joy. The demigods call out, “Jaya!” and shower flowers.
4) Men, women, children, everyone raise a great tumult of “Hari!", a tumult that fills the worlds.
5) Then, when the full-moon was manifest, at an auspicious moment Lord Gaura took birth in this world.
6) Then, when Rahu swallowed the moon, a great cry of “Hari! Hari!” filled the worlds.
7) Seeing the great hope that the poor fallen people will soon be delivered, Jagannatha dasa now floats in bliss.
This song is in Raga Bhatiyari.
UPDATED: July 7, 2009