Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Pradosa Samaye Srivasa Agane
Official Name: Soka Satana Song 1
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Gitamala
śrī-hari-kīrtane nāce nānā-rańge
mṛdańga mādala bāje karatāla
mājhe mājhe jayatura
prabhura naṭana dekhi' sakalera
hoilo santāpa dūra
akhaṇda premete mātala takhana
āpana pāsari' gorācande gheri'
nāce gāya anukhaṇa
emona samaye daiba-byādhi-joge
tanaya-bijoge nārī-gaṇa śoke
krandana uṭhile habe rasa-bhańga
śrībāsa amani bujhilo kāraṇa
paśilo āpana ghare
1) In the evening twilight, within the privacy of Srivasa Pandita's courtyard, the cream-lustered jewel, Lord Gauramani, raised a most auspicious vibration by His chanting of Hari-kirtana, which He personally accompanied by dancing in various playful moods.
2) Accompanied by the paying of the mrdanga drum and karatalas, and amidst occasional victorious shouts of "Jaya! Jaya!” the dramatic dance of the Lord dispelled the grief of all those who witnessed it.
3) Then, becoming madly intoxicated in supreme ecstatic love, all the assembled devotees completely forgot themselves and incessantly began to dance and chant wildly, surrounding Lord Gauracandra.
4) At this time, within the inner chamber of Srivasa's house, one of his sons suddenly died due to some disease, as ordained by the will of Providence. Due to separation from the boy, all the women of the household began to lament and cry out in a loud voice.
5) Now Bhaktivinoda fears that the transcendental mellows of the Lord's kirtana will be disturbed by the uprising of such loud crying sounds. However, Srivasa Pandita has now understood the cause of this sound, and has personally entered the house.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 7, 2009