Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Purnima Pratipada Sandhi Samaya Pai
Official Name: None
Author: Ghanasyama Dasa
Book Name: None
purnima-pratipada-sandhi samaya pa-i
rahu garasala gagana-sasi
udaya bhela go-ura-sasi
sisu-rupa ala-bhubana ujala karu jwalila
janu pradipa sata
swaraga parihari sura-suraramani
sutika-gehe bhela agata
sahasra-locana brahma caturanana
radanana gajabadana pancamukha
unapancasata pabana baruna
dhaneswara a-ola sabhe pa-i bahu sukha
nehari pahum mukha bahu-bhagya manala sabhe pranata bha-i pahum carane
kebala saci-ma-i neharala iha saba ranga su-bihwalita mane
sata-candra janu udala sutikalaye debadala anga-abha-rupe
ghanasyama bhana sanandita mana jaga-mugadhala naba-sisu-rupe
1) At the time of purnima-pratipada-sandhi, Rahu swallowed the moon in the sky. At that moment another moon, the moon of Lord Gaura, arose in a maternity-room on the earth, a maternity-room that was under a nim tree.
2) Effulgent infant Lord Gaura lit up the room. He shone like a hundred lamps. Leaving Svargaloka, the demigods and goddesses came to that maternity-room.
3) Thousand-eyed Indra, four-faced Brahma, six-faced Karttikeya, elephant-faced Ganesa, five-faced Siva, the four Maruts, Varuna, and Kuvera, the master of treasures, all came. They were filled with bliss.
4) Gazing at Lord Gaura's face, they felt very fortunate at heart. They bowed before Lord Gaura's feet. Gazing at her son, mother Saci was overcome with bliss in her heart.
5) In nthat maternity- room infant Lord’ Gaura's body shone like a hundred moons. Ghanasyama says: Seeing that newborn infant's glorious form, the whole world was enchanted. Every heart was filled with bliss.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 7, 2009