Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Rasabati Radha Rasamayi Kana
Official Name: Song 48
Author: Govinda Dasa Kaviraja
Book Name: Padavali
rasabatī rādhā rasamaya kāna
ko jāne kahe kayala tuhu māna
tuhu ati rokhe bimukha nā baiṭha
duhu bṛndābana-bana māhā paiṭha
ki kahaba re sakhi kaha-ite hāsa
kiye kiye adbhuta duhuka bilāsa
locana lore bhari duhu pantha
pā-ola timira nikuņjaka anta
duhu dumha pucha-ite duhu mati bāma
duhu kahali nija sahacarī nāma
bharame kahata maramaka bola
sahacarī bodhe tuhu duhu kara kora
yaba duhu meli ālińgana dela
gobinda-dāsa kahata kiye bhela
1) Radha is sweet like nectar. Krsna is sweet like nectar. Why do They quarrel? Who knows?
2) Angrily They turn from each other. They will not meet. Still, They both enter Vrndavana forest.
3) O gopi-friend, what shall I say to make Them smile and laugh? How shall I arrange that They enjoy wonderful pastimes together?
4) Tears streamed from their eyes as They gazed at the pathway. They entered the forest darkness.
5) They asked about each other. Their hearts were stubborn and contrary. They each called out the name of a special gopi-friend.
6) To those friends They told what was in Their hearts. Those two friends met, hugged, and told what they had heard.
7) Then Radha and Krsna met and embraced. Govinda dasa asks: What pastimes did They enjoy then?
This song is sung in Raga Bhupali or Raga Tirota.
UPDATED: July 7, 2009