Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Sacinta Iva Laksyase
Official Name: Patitapavanastakam
Book Name: None
sacinta iva lakṣyase sapadi me caritraḿ smaran
paraḿ kalita-sāhasaḥ patita-pāvana-tva-vratāt
na mām agaṇayaḥ purā na hi vicāra-kālo’dhunā
vrataḿ visṛja vāthavā varada pāvayainaḿ janam
na rāghava na vāyaso na khalu kṛṣṇa caidyo’smy aham
na khalv aham ajāmilo naraka-nāśa nārāyaṇa
pradhānam aparādhināḿ parivṛḍhaḿ ca māḿ pāpinaḿ
kṣamājalanidhe vidan sapadi sāvadhāno bhava
alaḿ kila lalajjire sapadi citraguptādayaḥ
sa eṣa patitāgraṇī sadaya rakṣa dakṣo’si cet
vidann api hṛd-antare pratipadaḿ yad aḿhaḥ-kṛte
yate yadu-pate na te viphalatā vrate syād iti
yato’si jagato guru smṛti-niṣedhatas te tato
na nāma ca bhajāmi yady atha vṛthā krudhaḿ mā kṛthāḥ
ananta yad aghāvalī-manana-sāvadhānātmakair
nije durita-maṇḍale nikhila-sākṣibhir nekṣite
janā jagati nirbhayā jaya jayeti jalpanty amuḿ
prabho khala-dhurandharaḿ patita-pāvanaś ced ava
aneka-patitādhipān avati cakravartī yathā
nṛpān ayam asajjanaḥ patita-pāvanatvena nu
iti pratidiśaḿ khalāḥ patita-pāvanaḿ māḿ vidur
na pāvayasi cet phalaḿ nanu bhaved idaḿ kevalam
kadāpi hi padāmṛtaḿ tava mayāpi nāsvāditaḿ
vṛthā bhavakathābharairapi ca nātha nītaḿ vayaḥ
tvayā yadapi helayā mayi na cedvidheyā dayā
tavaiva mahatī kṣatiḥ patitapāvanatvaḿ yataḥ
bhavān parama-dhārmikaḥ prakaṭitātikāruṇyakaḥ
svatantra-carito yadi svayam ayaḿ ca kiḿ nedṛśaḥ
alaḿ kim api cet svakaḿ patita-pāvanatvādikaḿ
pradarśayatu nānyathā bhavatu te yaśaḥ sarvathā
vadanti yadi pāvitāḥ patita-pāvanatva-vrataḿ
bhavantam adhikaḿ na tat parama-durvinīto’py aham
punātu na punātu vā bhuvi yathā tathaiva bruve
gṛhāṇa guṇam eva me kuru kṛpāḿ sadoṣā na ke
1) O Lord! Bestower of boons! I see You are concerned for my welfare when You contemplate the record of my past activities; even so, I have dared come before You because of your promise to purify the most fallen. Previously, You cared nothing for me, but now is not the time to make judgments: Either renege on Your promise or purify this most fallen soul.
2) O Raghava! I am not Jatayu, the vulture king! O
3) Chitragupta and the other scribes of Yamaraj, when trying to make a tally of my sins, write and write until the nibs of their pens break, causing them much embarrassment. O most merciful one, if You are expert enough, then save me, who am foremost amongst the fallen.
4) Within my sinful heart, I know full well at every moment that Your vow to save the fallen will never fail to bear fruit. O Lord of the Yadus, You are the spiritual master of the universe; the scriptures say I am unworthy to worship You because of my sinfulness; so if I do not chant Your name, please do not be angry with me.
5) O unlimited one! All those who have witnessed my sins are so terrorized that they stop seeing their own flaws. and they fearlessly praise each other, O Lord. So if You are truly a purifier of the fallen, then save me, the worst of all miscreants.
6) An emperor can give protection to his tributary kings as a deliverer of the fallen and I too have myself acted in this way. All these rascals in every direction think of me as a deliverer of the fallen, but if You do not deliver me, O Lord, this reputation will be the only reward I get.
7) Never once have I tasted the nectar of your feet, my life has been wasted in mundane talk. If you should capriciously discard me now and refuse me Your mercy, then Your qualities as the savoir of the fallen will be greatly damaged.
8) You are the most dutiful Lord; You have given ample evidence of Your compassion; You Yourself are completely independent, but if You are so, then am I not also? So now, if You are the deliverer of the most fallen, show it, or Your good name will everywhere be reversed.
9) If those who have been purified speak of your promise to purify the fallen, I do not do so to any great extent, even though I am the most ill-mannered of all. Whether you purify me or not, whether I speak with propriety or not, please take me only for my virtues, for who in this world is without fault?
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 9, 2009