Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Official Name: Volume 2 Chapter 9 Verse 57
Author: Jiva Goswami
Book Name: Gopala Campu
saha-bhratṛ-varyaḿ guror grāma-gāmī
tadāvantikāyāḿ javāl labdha-sańgaḥ
guror antikāyāḿ sabhāyāḿ sad-ańgaḥ
samasteṣu sattveṣu cāsīd atīva
priyaḥ sarva-tattveṣu yadvat tu jīvaḥ
samastād viviktaḿ guror bhakti-kārī
guror ittham āpta-prasādātirekaḥ
guror dakṣiṇāśāḿ drutaḿ bhartum īpsuḥ
gato dakṣiṇāśāḿ sutaḿ tasya lipsuḥ
dara-grastam etaḿ vicinvan darāntaḥ
cirān nāśam etaḿ vijānan na śāntaḥ
pragṛhyātha tasmād daraḿ pāńcajanyam
avādīd akasmāt tad etyāgrajaṇyam
sthalaḿ dharma-rājaḥ pratasthe 'ti-tūrṇam
tataḥ śarma-bhājaḥ sukhaḿ prāpa pūrṇam
yadā tārakāṇāḿ patis tatra yātaḥ
tadā nārakāṇāḿ abhūt tāpa-ghātaḥ
agṛhṇād guroḥ śāvam antāt pramuktam
guruḿ tasya bharyām api prāpya tasmāt
adhinviṣṭa kāryāt parān apy akasmāt
tam etaḿ samāyātam īkṣasva goṣṭham
1) Accompanied by His noble brother, Krsna went to His guru's home. Now a brahmacari, He eagerly studied His own Vedic literatures.
2) He quickly went to Avantipura. He placed His transcendental form is His guru's assembly.
3) Because He is the Supersoul in everyone's heart, He dearly loves all living entities.
4) He was very devoted to His guru. Accompanied by the other disciples, He brought firewood for His guru.
5) By His guru's mercy, He became learned. When His vow had come to its conclusion, He performed the abhiseka ceremony.
6) When He quickly approached to bring daksina for His guru, His guru desired the return of his son as daksina.
7) Learning that the boy was swallowed by a conch, Krsna searched for him inside the conch. Aware that the boy must certainly have died long ago, Krsna did not stop searching for him.
8) Accompanied by His elder brother, Balarama, Krsna went to yamaraja's abode and then suddenly sounded the conchshell, which was named Pancajanya.
9) Quickly coming, and greeting the Lord with all respect, Yamaraja was filled with happiness.
10) Lord Krsna, who stops the sufferings of the residents of hell, shone like a splendid moon, the master of the stars.
11) Freeing him from death, and giving him a new, youthful body, the Lord took the boy with Him.
12) When Lord Krsna returned their son, the guru and his wife became filled with happiness.
13) Krsna has returned to Vraja. Gaze at His happily smiling face.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 9, 2009