Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Sri Krsna Sankirtane Jadi Manasa Tohar
Official Name: Siksastakam Song 3
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Gitavali
śrī-kṛṣṇa-sańkīrtane jadi mānasa tohār
parama jatane tāhi labho adhikār
tṛnādhika hīna, dīna, akińcana chār
āpane mānobi sadā chāḍi’ ahańkār
vṛkṣa-sama kṣamā-guna korobi sādhan
prati-hiḿsā tyaji’ anye korobi pālan
jīvana-nirvāhe āne udvega nā dibe
para-upakāre nija-sukha pāsaribe
hoile-o sarva-gune gunī mahāśoy
pratiṣṭhāśā chāḍi koro amani hṛdoy
kṛṣṇa-adhiṣṭhāna sarva-jive jāni’ sadā
korobi sammāna sabe ādare sarvadā
dainya, doyā, anye māna, pratiṣṭhā-varjan
cāri gune gunī hoi’ koroha kīrtan
bhakativinoda kāńdi’, bole prabhu-pāy
heno adhikāra kabe dibe he āmāy
1) If your mind is always absorbed in chanting the glories of Lord Krsna with great care, then by that process of Sri-krsna-kirtana you will attain transcendental qualification.
2) You should give up all false pride and always consider yourself to be worthless, destitute, lower and more humble than a blade of grass.
3) You should practice forgiveness like that of a tree, and giving up violence toward other living beings, you should protect and maintain them.
4) In the course of passing your life, you should never give anxiety to others, but rather do good to them while forgetting about your own happiness.
5) When one has thus become a great soul, possessing all good qualities, one should abandon all desires for fame and honor and make one's heart humble.
6) Knowing that Lord Krsna resides within all living creatures, one should with great respect consistently show honor to all beings.
7) By possessing these four qualities-humility, mercifulness, respect toward others, and the renunciation of desires for prestige-one becomes virtuous. In such a state you may sing the glories of the Supreme Lord.
8) Weeping, Bhaktivinoda submits his prayer at the lotus feet of the the Lord: "O Lord, when will you give me the qualification for possessing attributes such as these?"
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: August 15, 2017