Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Sri Rupa Vadane Sri Saci Kumar
Official Name: Namastakam Song 1
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Gitavali
swa-nām-mahimā koralo pracār
jo nām, so hari—kachu nāhi bheda
so nām satya-miti gāyati veda
sabu upaniṣada, ratna-mālā-dyuti,
mańgala-ārati, koro-i anukṣana,
caudda bhuvana māha, deva-nara-dānava,
bhāga jāńkara balavān
nāma-rasa-pīyuṣa, pibo-i anukṣana,
nitya-mukta punaḥ, nāma-upāsana,
satata koro-i sāma-gāne
goloke baiṭhata, gāowe nirantara,
nāma-viraha nāhi jāne
sabu-rasa-ākara, `hari’ iti dvy-akṣara,
sabu-bhāve koraluń āśroy
nāma caraṇe pa’ḍi, bhaktivinoda kohe,
tuwā pade māgahuń niloy
1) Through the mouth of Srila Rupa Gosvami, Krsna, in the form of Lord Caitanya, the son of Mother Saci, preached the glories of His own holy name.
2) There is no difference between that holy name of Lord Hari and Lord Hari Himself. The Vedic scriptures sing of the true value and glory of the holy name.
3) All the Upanisads are like a necklace of beautifully effulgent jewels shining before the lotus feet of the holy name.
4) They are perpetually performing mangala arati for the holy name with arati lamps of ten ghee wicks.
5-7) Within the fourteen worlds , those demigods, men and demons whose fortune is very great, perpetually drink the nectar of the sweet mellows of the holy name, casting aside all kinds of fruitive activities and speculative forms of knowledge.
8) The eternally liberated souls, however, always worship the holy name in beautifully composed hymns and songs and sit in Goloka Vrndavana constantly singing the name. Therefore they do not know any separation from the holy name.
9) The two syllables “ha” and “ri” are a mine of all devotional mellows. All the ecstasies of devotion have taken shelter in them.
10) Falling at the lotus feet of the holy name, Thakura Bhaktivinoda says, O Harinam, I pray for residence at Your lotus feet.”
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: August 14, 2017