Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Srita Kamala
Official Name: Song 2; Mangala Gitam
Author: Jayadeva Goswami
Book Name: Gita Govinda
śrita-kamalā-kuca-maṇḍala dhṛta-kuṇḍala e
kalita-lalita-vana-māla jaya jaya deva hare
dina-maṇi-maṇḍala-maṇḍana bhava-khaṇḍana e
muni-jana-mānasa-haḿsa jaya jaya deva hare
kāliya-viṣa-dhara-gañjana jana-rañjana e
yadukula-nalina-dineśa jaya jaya deva hare
madhu-mura-naraka-vināśana garuḍāsana e
sura-kula-keli-nidāna jaya jaya deva hare
amala-kamala-dala-locana bhava-mocana e
tribhuvana-bhuvana-nidhāna jaya jaya deva hare
janaka-sutā-kṛta-bhūṣaṇa jita-dūṣaṇa e
samara-śamita-daśa-kaṇṭha jaya jaya deva hare
abhinava-jala-dhara-sundara dhṛta-mandara e
śrī-mukha-candra-cakora jaya jaya deva hare
tava caraṇaḿ praṇatā vayam iti bhāvaya e
kuru kuśalaḿ praṇateṣu jaya jaya deva hare
śrī-jayadeva-kaver idaḿ kurute mudam e
mańgalam ujjvala-gītaḿ jaya jaya deva hare
1) Glories, glories to Lord Hari, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is bedecked with jeweled earrings and a garland of forest flowers and whose feet are marked with a lotus!
2) The Lord's face shines like the whorl of the sun. He removes the miseries of His devotees and is the resting place of the minds of the swan-like sages. Glories! Glories to Lord Sri Hari!
3) O Supreme Personality of Godhead who destroyed the demoniac Kaliya serpent! O Lord, You are the beloved of all living entities and the sun in the galaxy of the Yadu dynasty. Glories! Glories to Lord Sri Hari.
4) O Lord, destroyer of the demons Madhu, Mura and Naraka! Seated on Garuda, You are the source of joy for the demigods. All glories to Hari!
5) O Lord Your eyes are like lotus petals, and You destroy the bondage of the material world. You are the maintainer of the three worlds. Glories to Lord Hari!
6) O Lord, as the gem of the sons of Janaka, You were victorious over all the asuras, and You smashed the greatest asura, the ten-headed Ravana. Glories to Lord Hari!
7) O Supreme Personality of Godhead who held the Govardhana Hill! Your complexion is like a fresh monsoon cloud, and Sri Radharani is like a cakora bird who is nourished by drinking the light of Your moonlike face. Glories! Glories to Lord Hari.
8) O Lord, I offer my humble obeisances at Your lotus feet. Please bless me by Your limitless mercy. Glories! Glories to Lord Sri Hari!
9) The poet Sri Jayadeva offers this song of devotion and shining good fortune to Thee. All glories! All glories to Lord Sri Hari!
This song is commonly rendered in Raga Pahadi. Riksaraja Dasa rendered this song in Raga Bhairavi in his “Reservoir of Pleasure” album.
The original song is intended to be in Raga Gujari Todi or Gunakali.
This song is one of the many Vaisnava gitams that Carnatic musicians perform.
UPDATED: September 23, 2015