Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Srita Kamala
Official Name: Song 2; Mangala Gitam
Author: Jayadeva Goswami
Book Name: Gita Govinda
śrita-kamalā-kuca-maṇḍala dhṛta-kuṇḍala e
kalita-lalita-vana-māla jaya jaya deva hare
dina-maṇi-maṇḍala-maṇḍana bhava-khaṇḍana e
muni-jana-mānasa-haḿsa jaya jaya deva hare
kāliya-viṣa-dhara-gañjana jana-rañjana e
yadukula-nalina-dineśa jaya jaya deva hare
madhu-mura-naraka-vināśana garuḍāsana e
sura-kula-keli-nidāna jaya jaya deva hare
amala-kamala-dala-locana bhava-mocana e
tribhuvana-bhuvana-nidhāna jaya jaya deva hare
janaka-sutā-kṛta-bhūṣaṇa jita-dūṣaṇa e
samara-śamita-daśa-kaṇṭha jaya jaya deva hare
abhinava-jala-dhara-sundara dhṛta-mandara e
śrī-mukha-candra-cakora jaya jaya deva hare
tava caraṇaḿ praṇatā vayam iti bhāvaya e
kuru kuśalaḿ praṇateṣu jaya jaya deva hare
śrī-jayadeva-kaver idaḿ kurute mudam e
mańgalam ujjvala-gītaḿ jaya jaya deva hare
WORD FOR WORD TRANSLATION: Srita Kamala
1) Glories, glories to Lord Hari, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who rests on the breasts of the Goddess of Fortune, who is adorned with jeweled earrings, and wears a garland of forest flowers!
2) The Lord's face shines like the sun globe. He destroys the cycle of birth and death, and rests in the lakes of the swan-like saintly persons. Glories! Glories to Lord Sri Hari, Supreme Personality of Godhead!
3) O Supreme Personality of Godhead who destroyed the poisonous serpent, Kaliya! You are the beloved of all living entities, and the sun in the galaxy of the Yadu dynasty. Glories! Glories to Lord Sri Hari!
4) O Supreme Personality of Godhead, destroyer of the demons Madhu, Mura and Narakasura! You are seated on Garuda, and You are the source of joy for the demigods! All glories! Glories to Hari!
5) O Supreme Personality of Godhead, Your eyes are like spotless lotus petals, You destroy the cycle of birth and death. You are the treasure mine of the three worlds. All glories! Glories to Lord Hari!
6) O Supreme Personality of Godhead (in the incarnation of Lord Ramacandra), as the gem of the daughter of Janaka (Sita devi), You were victorious over the demon, Dusana, and You defeated the ten-headed demon, Ravana, in battle. All glories! Glories to Lord Hari!
7) O Supreme Personality of Godhead, whose complexion is like a fresh monsoon cloud, Who lifted Govardhana Hill, and Srimati Radharani is like a cakora bird who is nourished by drinking the light of Your moonlike face. Glories! Glories to Lord Hari!
8) O Supreme Personality of Godhead, we offer my humble obeisances at Your lotus feet. Please bestow auspiciousness to those who offer obeisances to You! Glories! Glories to Lord Sri Hari!
9) The poem of Sri Jayadeva brings transcendental happiness to all. The is an ever-effulgent and auspicious song (Mangala gitam). All glories! All glories to Lord Sri Hari, the Supreme Personality of Godhead!
This song is commonly rendered in Raga Pahadi. Riksaraja Dasa rendered this song in Raga Bhairavi in his “Reservoir of Pleasure” album.
Sometimes, the lines “jaya rāma hare, jaya kṛṣṇa hare” are interspersed between each verse.
The original song is intended to be in Raga Gujari Todi or Gunakali.
This song is one of the many Vaisnava gitams that Carnatic musicians perform.
UPDATED: January 23, 2017