Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Suddha Gangeya Gaurangim
Official Name: Volume 2: Prarthana Paddhatih
Author: Rupa Goswami
Book Name: Stavamala
atipreṣṭha-vayasyābhir aṣṭābhir abhiveṣṭitām
tvām asau yācate natvā viluṭhan yamunā-taṭe
kākubhir vyākula-svānto jano vṛndāvaneśvari
kṛtāgaske’py ayogye’pi jane’smin kumatāv api
dāsya-dāna-pradānasya lavam apy upapādaya
yuktas tvayā jano naiva duḥkhito’yam upekṣitum
kṛpād-dyota-dravac-citta-navanītāsi yat sadā
1) O queen whose fair limbs are more splendid than pure gold, O queen whose eyes are as charming as the does' eyes, O queen whose face defeats millions of moons, O queen dressed in garments as dark as monsoon clouds, . . .
2) . . . O queen who is the crowning garland of mallika flowers on the decorated braided hair of the young gopis, O queen whose beauty is served by many splendid transcendental jewels and other ornaments,
3) . . . O teacher of the intelligent and expert gopis, O queen elaborately decorated with a host of transcendental virtues, O queen accompanied by Your eight very dear friends,
4) . . . O queen who arouses Lord Kesava with the waves of Your restless sidelong glances, O queen whose nectar bimba fruit lips have become the food of the prince of Vraja,
5) . . . O queen of Vrndavana, bowing down and rolling about on the Yamuna's shore, this person, with an agitated heart and a choked voice, appeals to You.
6) Even though he has committed offenses, even though he is unqualified, and even though his intelligence is crooked, please give this person a small particle of Your devotional service.
7) Because the fresh butter of Your heart is always melting in the splendor of Your transcendental mercy, it is not proper for You to neglect this anguished person.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 10, 2009