Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Surya Koti Prakasa Bimala Syama Kanti
Official Name: Caturbhuja Rupa Varnana
Author: Gunaraj Khan
Book Name: Krsna Vijaya
sūrya-koṭi-prakāśa bimala śyāma-kānti
badana-kamala-candra maṇḍala bidhayanti
nānā-ratne bhūṣita kirīṭī śobhe śire
makara-kuṇḍala dui karṇe śobhā kare
ańgada balaya-ādi ati-manohar
mukatāra hāra pīta-basana-bhūṣit
śańkha cakra gadā padma cāri-bhuja śobhe
brahmāra utpatti-sthāna manohara nābhe
kaṭi-sūtra-mekhalā lalita kaṭi-deśe
pīta-bāsa-paridhāna manohara beśe
caraṇa-kamalodbhaba nakha maṇi-gaṇ
brahmādi deba-gaṇer mastaka-bhūṣaṇ
kanaka-campaka-kānti bāme lakṣmī-debī
durbā-dala-śyāma-kānti dakṣiṇe pṛthibī
dhyānākṛṣṭa muni-gaṇa sanakādi pṛṣṭhe
sammukhe garuḍa stuti kare kara-puṭe
catur-bhuja saba jata pāriṣada-gaṇ
ati śobhā kare goṣāñī-pada-nirīkṣaṇ
hena rūpa āmā jadi dhyāna kari lay
sarbāńga dekhibe mora ananya-hṛday
1) The Lord's dark form is splendid like millions of suns. His face is splendid like moons and lotus flowers.
2) On His head He wears a beautiful many-jeweled crown and on His ears He wears beautiful shark-shaped earrings.
3) The glory of His face is like moonlight. His gentle smile is like foam on the ocean of milk.
4) His arms are like lotus stems and His hands like lotus flowers. His bracelets and other ornaments are very charming.
5) Dressed in yellow garments and decorated with a string of pearls, He is like a dark raincloud accompanied by lighting and a line of white birds.
6) He carries a conch, cakra, clubs, and lotus in His four hands. His charming navel is Brahma's birthplace.
7) Wearing exquisite yellow garments and a graceful belt, he is very charming and handsome.
8) His lotus toenails are like a series of jewels on the crowns worn by Brahma and the demigods.
9) On His left is Laksmi-devi, splendid like a golden campaka flower. On His right is Prthivi-devi, splendid like a blade of durva grass.
10) Rapt in meditation, Sanaka and the sages stay behind Him. Reciting many prayers, with folded palms Garuda stands before Him.
11) Many liberated associates gaze at the four-armed Lord's very glorious feet.
12) If I think of this form of the Lord I become rapt in meditation. In my heart I see only the Lord's limbs and nothing else.
This song is sung in Raga Hindol.
UPDATED: July 10, 2009