Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Yauvane Jakhon Dhana Uparjane
Official Name: Dainya Song 3
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Saranagati
yauvane jakhona, dhana-upārjane,
hoinu vipula kāmī
dharama smariyā, gṛhinīra kara,
dhorinu takhona āmi
saḿsāra pātā’ye, tāhāra sahita,
kāla-khoy koinu koto
bahu suta-sutā, janama lobhilo,
marame hoinu hato
saḿsārera bhāra, bāḍe dine dine,
acala hoilo gati
bārdhakya āsiyā, gherilo āmāre,
asthira hoilo mati
pīḍāya asthira, cintāya jwarita,
abhāve jwalita cita
upāya nā dekhi, andhakāra-moya,
ekhona ho’yechi bhīta
saḿsāra-taṭanī- srota nahe śeṣa,
maraṇa nikaṭe ghora
saba samāpiyā, bhojibo tomāya,
e āśā biphala mora
ebe śuno prabhu! āmi gati-hīna,
tava kṛpā binā, sakali nirāśā,
deho’ more padāśroya
1) When I was young, I greatly desired to earn money. At that time bearing in mind the codes of religion, I took a wife.
2) Together we set up a household, wasted much time, had many sons and daughters; my heart grew heavy.
3) The burden increased day by day, I felt my life at a standstill. Old age came, grabbed me, and made my mind fickle and disturbed.
4) Diseases trouble me now, and constant anxiety has made me feverish. My heart burns from lack of satisfaction, and I see no way out. All is darkness and I am very much afraid.
5) The current of this worldly river is strong and relentless. A frightening, gloomy death approaches. How I wish I could give up my worldly attachments. I would worship You, O Lord, but it is a useless hope.
6) Now please hear me, O Lord, for I am utterly helpless. Bhaktivinoda says, “Without Your mercy, everything is lost. Please give me the shelter of Your lotus feet.”
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: January 4, 2017