Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Ye Dige Pasari Ankhi Dekhi Syama Raya
Official Name: Song 43
Author: Govinda Dasa Kaviraja
Book Name: Padavali
ye dige pasāri āńkhi dekhi śyāma rāya
kulabatī barata dhairaya nāhi raya
kata nā yatane yadi mudi duṭi āńkhi
nabīna-tribhańga rūpa hiyā-mājhe dekhi
ki ha-ila antare sa-i ki ha-ila antare
āji ha-ite sakhi mora sādha nāhi ghare
nirabadhi śyāma-nāma japiche rasanā
eta dine ayatane pūrila bāsanā
prāṇera adhika kāna jāniluḿ niścaya
gobinda-dāsete kaya daḍā-ila haya
1) Wherever I place my eyes I see dark Krsna. I cannot keep the vow of a saintly girl.
2) How many times did I carefully close my eyes only to see Krsna's youthful threefold-bending form in the middle of my heart?
3) How did He enter my heart? How did He enter my heart? O gopi-friend, from this moment I have no wish to return to my home.
4) On the day my tongue chants the name “Syama" without stop, I become filled with longings.
5) Krsna is dearer to me than life. This I know without doubt. Govinda dasa says: This gopi's love is very strong.
This song is in Raga Suhai.
UPDATED: July 4, 2009