Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Amate Asakta Haye Yogera Sadhan
Official Name: Chapter 7
Author: A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
Book Name: Gitar Gan
amate asakta haye yogera sadhan
tomare kahinu partha sab etaksan
se yog asray kari samagra ye ami
asamsay bujhibe ye anivarya tumi
suna partha sei katha tomake ye kahi
bhakti-yog suddha sattva yate tusta rahi
amar visaye ye hay jnan-vijnan
se visaye asesata suna diya man
janile se tattva-jnan jnatavya visay
sahaje-i sab tattva samadhan hay
sahasra manusya madhye kona ekjan
siddhi-labh karibare karaye yatan
yatnasil sei kary kona ekjan
siddhilabh karibare upayukta han
tar madhye keha keha amake tattvata
bujhite samartha han vivekavasata
bhumi jal agni vayu buddhi ye akas
ar ahankar man buddhira prakas
ei sab asta prkarera hay ye prakrti
bhinna sei ama hate bahira bibhuti
prakrti ar ek ye achaye amate
jiv-bhuta se prakrti suna mahabaho
jiv dvara dharya jada jana aharaha
ei dui prakrti se nam parapara
yehetu prakrti dui ama hate hay
jagatera utpatti lay ami se niscaya
amapeksa paratattva suna dhananjay
paratpar ye tattva anya keha nay
amate samasta jagat ache pratisthita
sutre yena gnatha thake manigan yata
jalera ye sarasata ami se kounteya
candra-surya prabha yei ama hate jneya
sarva-vede ye pranab hay mukhya tattva
akasera savda sei ami hai satya
prthivira punya gandha suryera prabhav
jivana sarva-bhuter tapasvira tap
utpattira vij-rup sabara se ami
sanatana tattva partha sakalera svami
buddhi-man yeva hay tar buddhi ami
tejasvira teja hay yaha antaryami
valavan yata ache tar val ami
kam-raga vivarjita yata agragami
se saba bujhaha tumi amara baibhava
ye sab sattvika bhav rajasa tamasa
ama hate hay sab ami nahi vas
ei tin gun dvaramohita jagata
na bujhite pare more parama sasvata
ataev gunamayi amara ye maya
bahiranga sakti sei ati duratyaya
se mayara hat hate yadi mukti cay
amara carane sei prapatti karaya
kintu yara duracar naradham mudha,
sarvadai guna-karye ati-matra drdha
mayara dvarate jara apahrta jnan
prapatti kare na
sukrti kareche yara sei carijan
arta artharthi jijnasu kimba jnani han
asuradi maya-yuddhe haray jivan
ei carijana madhye jnani se visista
priya hay jnani mor ati se valistha
ukta carijan bhakta sakale udar
suddha bhakti prapta han kramasa vistar
tar madhye jnani bhakta ati se atmiya
se karane uttam gati hay varaniya
krame krame jnanijan bahu janma pare
amara carane suddha prapatti se kare
vasudevamaya tada jagat darsan
durlabha mahatma sei sastrera varnan
ye paryanta kamanar dvara thake vasibhuta
prapatti amate tada-nahe ta sambhuta
sei kam dvara
amake chadiya anya devata pujay
ami antaryami tar thakiya antare
sei sei devapuja karai satvare
sei sei sraddha di-i kariya acal
ataev anya dev karaye pujan
se takhan sraddhayukta dev aradhan
kariya se phal pay amara karan
kintu sei sei phal anitya sakal
svalpa medha cahe tai sadhana viphal
mor bhakta mor dhame nitya purna kam
svalpa-buddhi yar hay se bale nirakar
jane na tahara cid vigraha amar
sarvottama srestha hay amara sarir
avyaya saccidananda yaha jane sab dhir
ami surya sama nitya sanatana dham
sabara nikate nahi drsya atmaram
uparokta mudha lok nahi dekhe more
ami ye avyaya atma ajara amare
amara ananda rup nitya avasthiti
se karane he arjun trikala vidhiti
vartaman bhavisyat athava atit
samasta kaler gati amate vidit
kintu mudha lok yara nahi jane more
isvara parama krsna vidita samsare
durbhaga ye lok sei dvandve-te mohita
iccha dves dvara
ataev he bharat
purva-purva samskarera sarvada kavale
nispapa hayeche yara punya karma dvara
dvandva moha hate mukta hayeche yahara
nirbhay tahara sab jinite samsar
amake asray kari ye jana samsare
jara maran mokser marga sada yatna kare
se yogi jane tattva brahma paramatma
kimba karmagati yaha jane se dharmatma
adhibhuta adhidaiva kimba adhi-yajna
sei sab tattvajnane yara haya vijna
taharao prayana samaye bujhe more
paramatmar salokya labh sei kare
bhaktivedanta kahe sri-gitara gan
sune yadi suddha bhakta krsnagata-pran
1) Now hear, O son of Prtha [Arjuna], how by practicing yoga in full consciousness of Me, with mind attached to Me, you can know Me in full, free from doubt.
2) I shall now declare unto you in full this knowledge both phenomenal and noumenal, by knowing which there shall remain nothing further to be known.
3) Out of many thousands among men, one may endeavor for perfection, and of those who have achieved perfection, hardly one knows Me in truth.
4) Earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intelligence and false ego--all together these eight comprise My separated material energies.
5) Besides this inferior nature, O mighty-armed Arjuna, there is a superior energy of Mine, which are all living entities who are struggling with material nature and are sustaining the universe.
6) Of all that is material and all that is spiritual in this world, know for certain that I am both its origin and dissolution.
7) O conqueror of wealth [Arjuna], there is no Truth superior to Me. Everything rests upon Me, as pearls are strung on a thread.
8) O son of Kunti [Arjuna], I am the taste of water, the light of the sun and the moon, the syllable om in the Vedic mantras; I am the sound in ether and ability in man.
9) I am the original fragrance of the earth, and I am the heat in fire. I am the life of all that lives, and I am the penances of all ascetics.
10) O son of Prtha, know that I am the original seed of all existences, the intelligence of the intelligent, and the prowess of all powerful men.
11) I am the strength of the strong, devoid of passion and desire. I am sex life which is not contrary to religious principles, O Lord of the Bharatas [Arjuna].
12) All states of being--be they of goodness, passion or ignorance--are manifested by My energy. I am, in one sense, everything--but I am independent. I am not under the modes of this material nature.
13) Deluded by the three modes [goodness, passion and ignorance], the whole world does not know Me who am above the modes and inexhaustible.
14) This divine energy of Mine, consisting of the three modes of material nature, is difficult to overcome. But those who have surrendered unto Me can easily cross beyond it.
15) Those miscreants who are grossly foolish, lowest among mankind, whose knowledge is stolen by illusion, and who partake of the atheistic nature of demons, do not surrender unto Me.
16) O best among the Bharatas [Arjuna], four kinds of pious men render devotional service unto Me--the distressed, the desirer of wealth, the inquisitive, and he who is searching for knowledge of the Absolute.
17) Of these, the wise one who is in full knowledge in union with Me through pure devotional service is the best. For I am very dear to him, and he is dear to Me.
18) All these devotees are undoubtedly magnanimous souls, but he who is situated in knowledge of Me I consider verily to dwell in Me. Being engaged in My transcendental service, he attains Me.
19) After many births and deaths, he who is actually in knowledge surrenders unto Me, knowing Me to be the cause of all causes and all that is. Such a great soul is very rare.
20) Those whose minds are distorted by material desires surrender unto demigods and follow the particular rules and regulations of worship according to their own natures.
21) I am in everyone's heart as the Supersoul. As soon as one desires to worship the demigods, I make his faith steady so that he can devote himself to some particular deity.
22) Endowed with such a faith, he seeks favors of a particular demigod and obtains his desires. But in actuality these benefits are bestowed by Me alone.
23) Men of small intelligence worship the demigods, and their fruits are limited and temporary. Those who worship the demigods go to the planets of the demigods, but My devotees ultimately reach My supreme planet.
24) Unintelligent men, who know Me not, think that I have assumed this form and personality. Due to their small knowledge, they do not know My higher nature, which is changeless and supreme.
25) I am never manifest to the foolish and unintelligent. For them I am covered by My eternal creative potency [yoga-maya]; and so the deluded world knows Me not, who am unborn and infallible.
26) O Arjuna, as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, I know everything that has happened in the past, all that is happening in the present, and all things that are yet to come. I also know all living entities; but Me no one knows.
27) O scion of Bharata [Arjuna], O conqueror of the foe, all living entities are born into delusion, overcome by the dualities of desire and hate.
28) Persons who have acted piously in previous lives and in this life, whose sinful actions are completely eradicated and who are freed from the duality of delusion, engage themselves in My service with determination.
29) Intelligent persons who are endeavoring for liberation from old age and death take refuge in Me in devotional service. They are actually Brahman because they entirely know everything about transcendental and fruitive activities.
30) Those who know Me as the Supreme Lord, as the governing principle of the material manifestation, who know Me as the one underlying all the demigods and as the one sustaining all sacrifices, can, with steadfast mind, understand and know Me even at the time of death.
31) Thus Bhaktivedanta sings the song of Sri Gita, with the hope that hearing this, Krsna conscious pure devotees will be pleased.
This is the Bengali translation of Bhagavad-Gita Chapter 7 “Mayy Asakta Manah Partha Yogam.”
UPDATED: February 6, 2011