Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Mayy Asakta Manah Partha Yogam
Official Name: Book 6 Bhagavad-Gita Parva Section 31 (Chapter 7)
mayy āsakta-manāḥ pārtha yogaḿ yuñjan mad-āśrayaḥ
asaḿśayaḿ samagraḿ māḿ yathā jñāsyasi tac chṛṇu
jñānaḿ te’haḿ sa-vijñānam idaḿ vakṣyāmy aśeṣataḥ
yaj jñātvā neha bhūyo’nyaj jñātavyam avaśiṣyate
manuṣyāṇāḿ sahasreṣu kaścid yatati siddhaye
yatatām api siddhānāḿ kaścin māḿ vetti tattvataḥ
bhūmir āpo’nalo vāyuḥ khaḿ mano buddhir eva ca
ahaḿkāra itīyaḿ me bhinnā prakṛtir aṣṭadhā
apareyam itas tv anyāḿ prakṛtiḿ viddhi me parām
jīva-bhūtāḿ mahā-bāho yayedaḿ dhāryate jagat
etad-yonīni bhūtāni sarvāṇīty upadhāraya
ahaḿ kṛtsnasya jagataḥ prabhavaḥ pralayas tathā
mattaḥ parataraḿ nānyat kiḿcid asti dhanaḿjaya
mayi sarvam idaḿ protaḿ sūtre maṇi-gaṇā iva
raso’ham apsu kaunteya prabhāsmi śaśi-sūryayoḥ
praṇavaḥ sarva-vedeṣu śabdaḥ khe pauruṣaḿ nṛṣu
puṇyo gandhaḥ pṛthivyāḿ ca tejaś cāsmi vibhāvasau
jīvanaḿ sarva-bhūteṣu tapaś cāsmi tapasviṣu
bījaḿ māḿ sarva-bhūtānāḿ viddhi pārtha sanātanam
buddhir buddhimatām asmi tejas tejasvinām aham
balaḿ balavatāḿ cāhaḿ kāma-rāga-vivarjitam
dharmāviruddho bhūteṣu kāmo’smi bharatarṣabha
ye caiva sāttvikā bhāvā rājasās tāmasāś ca ye
matta eveti tān viddhi na tv ahaḿ teṣu te mayi
tribhir guṇa-mayair bhāvair ebhiḥ sarvam idaḿ jagat
mohitaḿ nābhijānāti mām ebhyaḥ param avyayam
daivī hy eṣā guṇa-mayī mama māyā duratyayā
mām eva ye prapadyante māyām etāḿ taranti te
na māḿ duṣkṛtino mūḍhāḥ prapadyante narādhamāḥ
māyayāpahṛta-jñānā āsuraḿ bhāvam āśritāḥ
catur-vidhā bhajante māḿ janāḥ sukṛtino’rjuna
ārto jijñāsur arthārthī jñānī ca bharatarṣabha
teṣāḿ jñānī nitya-yukta eka-bhaktir viśiṣyate
priyo hi jñānino’tyartham ahaḿ sa ca mama priyaḥ
udārāḥ sarva evaite jñānī tv ātmaiva me matam
āsthitaḥ sa hi yuktātmā mām evānuttamāḿ gatim
bahūnāḿ janmanām ante jñānavān māḿ prapadyate
vāsudevaḥ sarvam iti sa mahātmā sudurlabhaḥ
kāmais tais tair hṛta-jñānāḥ prapadyante’nya-devatāḥ
taḿ taḿ niyamam āsthāya prakṛtyā niyatāḥ svayā
yo yo yāḿ yāḿ tanuḿ bhaktaḥ śraddhayārcitum icchati
tasya tasyācalāḿ śraddhāḿ tām eva vidadhāmy aham
sa tayā śraddhayā yuktas tasyā rādhanam īhate
labhate ca tataḥ kāmān mayaiva vihitān hi tān
antavat tu phalaḿ teṣāḿ tad bhavaty alpa-medhasām
devān deva-yajo yānti mad-bhaktā yānti mām api
avyaktaḿ vyaktim āpannaḿ manyante mām abuddhayaḥ
paraḿ bhāvam ajānanto mamāvyayam anuttamam
nāhaḿ prakāśaḥ sarvasya yoga-māyā-samāvṛtaḥ
mūḍho’yaḿ nābhijānāti loko mām ajam avyayam
vedāhaḿ samatītāni vartamānāni cārjuna
bhaviṣyāṇi ca bhūtāni māḿ tu veda na kaścana
icchā-dveṣa-samutthena dvandva-mohena bhārata
sarva-bhūtāni saḿmohaḿ sarge yānti parantapa
yeṣāḿ tv anta-gataḿ pāpaḿ janānāḿ puṇya-karmaṇām
te dvandva-moha-nirmuktā bhajante māḿ dṛḍha-vratāḥ
jarā-maraṇa-mokṣāya mām āśritya yatanti ye
te brahma tad viduḥ kṛtsnam adhyātmaḿ karma cākhilam
sādhibhūtādhidaivaḿ māḿ sādhiyajñaḿ ca ye viduḥ
prayāṇa-kāle’pi ca māḿ te vidur yukta-cetasaḥ
1) Now hear, O son of Prtha [Arjuna], how by practicing yoga in full consciousness of Me, with mind attached to Me, you can know Me in full, free from doubt.
2) I shall now declare unto you in full this knowledge both phenomenal and noumenal, by knowing which there shall remain nothing further to be known.
3) Out of many thousands among men, one may endeavor for perfection, and of those who have achieved perfection, hardly one knows Me in truth.
4) Earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intelligence and false ego--all together these eight comprise My separated material energies.
5) Besides this inferior nature, O mighty-armed Arjuna, there is a superior energy of Mine, which are all living entities who are struggling with material nature and are sustaining the universe.
6) Of all that is material and all that is spiritual in this world, know for certain that I am both its origin and dissolution.
7) O conqueror of wealth [Arjuna], there is no Truth superior to Me. Everything rests upon Me, as pearls are strung on a thread.
8) O son of Kunti [Arjuna], I am the taste of water, the light of the sun and the moon, the syllable om in the Vedic mantras; I am the sound in ether and ability in man.
9) I am the original fragrance of the earth, and I am the heat in fire. I am the life of all that lives, and I am the penances of all ascetics.
10) O son of Prtha, know that I am the original seed of all existences, the intelligence of the intelligent, and the prowess of all powerful men.
11) I am the strength of the strong, devoid of passion and desire. I am sex life which is not contrary to religious principles, O Lord of the Bharatas [Arjuna].
12) All states of being--be they of goodness, passion or ignorance--are manifested by My energy. I am, in one sense, everything--but I am independent. I am not under the modes of this material nature.
13) Deluded by the three modes [goodness, passion and ignorance], the whole world does not know Me who am above the modes and inexhaustible.
14) This divine energy of Mine, consisting of the three modes of material nature, is difficult to overcome. But those who have surrendered unto Me can easily cross beyond it.
15) Those miscreants who are grossly foolish, lowest among mankind, whose knowledge is stolen by illusion, and who partake of the atheistic nature of demons, do not surrender unto Me.
16) O best among the Bharatas [Arjuna], four kinds of pious men render devotional service unto Me--the distressed, the desirer of wealth, the inquisitive, and he who is searching for knowledge of the Absolute.
17) Of these, the wise one who is in full knowledge in union with Me through pure devotional service is the best. For I am very dear to him, and he is dear to Me.
18) All these devotees are undoubtedly magnanimous souls, but he who is situated in knowledge of Me I consider verily to dwell in Me. Being engaged in My transcendental service, he attains Me.
19) After many births and deaths, he who is actually in knowledge surrenders unto Me, knowing Me to be the cause of all causes and all that is. Such a great soul is very rare.
20) Those whose minds are distorted by material desires surrender unto demigods and follow the particular rules and regulations of worship according to their own natures.
21) I am in everyone's heart as the Supersoul. As soon as one desires to worship the demigods, I make his faith steady so that he can devote himself to some particular deity.
22) Endowed with such a faith, he seeks favors of a particular demigod and obtains his desires. But in actuality these benefits are bestowed by Me alone.
23) Men of small intelligence worship the demigods, and their fruits are limited and temporary. Those who worship the demigods go to the planets of the demigods, but My devotees ultimately reach My supreme planet.
24) Unintelligent men, who know Me not, think that I have assumed this form and personality. Due to their small knowledge, they do not know My higher nature, which is changeless and supreme.
25) I am never manifest to the foolish and unintelligent. For them I am covered by My eternal creative potency [yoga-maya]; and so the deluded world knows Me not, who am unborn and infallible.
26) O Arjuna, as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, I know everything that has happened in the past, all that is happening in the present, and all things that are yet to come. I also know all living entities; but Me no one knows.
27) O scion of Bharata [Arjuna], O conqueror of the foe, all living entities are born into delusion, overcome by the dualities of desire and hate.
28) Persons who have acted piously in previous lives and in this life, whose sinful actions are completely eradicated and who are freed from the duality of delusion, engage themselves in My service with determination.
29) Intelligent persons who are endeavoring for liberation from old age and death take refuge in Me in devotional service. They are actually Brahman because they entirely know everything about transcendental and fruitive activities.
30) Those who know Me as the Supreme Lord, as the governing principle of the material manifestation, who know Me as the one underlying all the demigods and as the one sustaining all sacrifices, can, with steadfast mind, understand and know Me even at the time of death.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: December 22, 2015