Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Dvivida Duranta Caritra
Official Name: Volume 2 Chapter 22 Verse 18
Author: Jiva Goswami
Book Name: Gopala Campu
raivata-līlālakṣya prākṛta-dhībhir alakṣya
nija-rāmā-gaṇa-juṣṭa tat-kapi-dhārṣṭyād ruṣṭa
tena samaḿ kṛta-yuddha tad-yudhi kautuka-ruddha
kurubhiḥ sāmbe vaddhe yadu-nivahe sannaddhe
svayam atha sandhiḿ kalayan śāntān sańge valayan
kuru-nagaraḿ laghu gatavan tad-durvacanaḿ śrutavan
teṣāḿ purum utkalayan valita-krodhaḿ halayan
gaja-sahvayam akarṣan paritas citraḿ varṣan
bhīta-kuru-śrita-pada kṛpayā tyakta-vivāda
vadhu-suta-yautuka-sańgi gṛham āgā bahu-rańgi
samprati saha saha-janma gokula-mainija-janma
jaya jaya jaya balarāma kevala-manujārāma
1) O Lord who became angry at Dvivida's terrible mischief, O Lord who enjoyed pastimes on Mount Raivata, O Lord unseen by the foolish conditioned souls, . . .
2) O Lord who enjoyed pastimes with many beautiful gopis, O Lord who was angered by a gorilla's arrogant mischief, O Lord who wonderfully fought with the gorilla, . . .
3) O Lord who after a long duel finally killed the most wicked of gorillas, O Lord who was pleased by the prayers and obeisances of the demigods and sages, O Lord who gathered the Yadava armies when the Kauravas kidnapped Samba, . . .
4) O Lord who went to the Kauravas' capitol to make peace with them, O Lord who heard their insults, . . .
5) O Lord who became very angry with the Kauravas, O Lord who with Your plow dragged Hastinapura, O Lord who filled everyone with wonder, . . .
6) O Lord of whose feet the frightened Kauravas took shelter, O Lord who thus ended the quarrel, O Lord who saw Samba and his wife reunited, O Lord who happily took them home, . . .
7) O brother of Lord Krsna, O Lord who took birth in Gokula, O Lord Balarama who enjoys pastimes like those of a human being, glory, glory, glory to You!
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: June 25, 2009