Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Gopinath Mama Nivedana Suno
Official Name: Upalabdhi Vijnapti Song 1
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Kalyana Kalpataru
gopīnāth, mama nivedana śuno
viṣayī durjana, sadā kāma-rata,
kichu nāhi mora guṇa
gopīnāth, āmāra bharasā tumi
tomāra caraṇe, loinu śaraṇa,
tomāra kińkora āmi
gopīnāth, kemone śodhibe more
nā jāni bhakati, karme jaḍa-mati,
gopīnāth, sakali tomāra māyā
nāhi mama bala, jńāna sunirmala,
swādīna nahe e kāyā
gopīnāth, niyata caraṇe sthāna
māge e pāmara, kāndiyā kāndiyā,
korohe karuṇā dāna
gopīnāth, tumi to' sakali pāro
durjane tārite, tomāra śakati,
ke āche pāpīra āro
gopīnāth, tumi kṛpā-pārābāra
jīvera kāraṇe, āsiyā prapańce,
līlā koile subistāra
gopīnāth, āmi ki doṣe doṣī
asura sakala, pāilo caraṇa,
vinodá thākilo bosi'
WORD FOR WORD TRANSLATION: Gopinath! Mama Nivedana Suno
1) O Gopinatha, Lord of the gopis, please hear my request. I am a wicked materialist, always addicted to worldly desires, and no good qualities do I possess.
2) O Gopinatha, You are my only hope, and therefore I have taken shelter at Your lotus feet. I am now Your eternal servant.
3) O Gopinatha, how will You purify me? I do not know what devotion is, and my materialistic mind is absorbed in fruitive work. I have fallen into this dark and perilous worldly existence.
4) O Gopinatha, everything here is Your illusory energy. I have no strength or transcendental knowledge, and this body of mine is not independent and free from the control of material nature.
5) O Gopinatha, this sinner, who is weeping and weeping, begs for an eternal place at Your divine feet. Please give him Your mercy.
Gopinatha, You are able to do anything, and therefore You have the power to
deliver all sinners. Who is there that is more of a sinner than myself?
Gopinatha, You are the ocean of mercy. Having come into this phenomenal world,
You expand Your divine pastimes for the sake of the fallen souls.
8) O Gopinatha, I am so sinful that although all the demons attained Your lotus feet, Bhaktivinoda has remained in worldly existence.
Remarks/ Extra Information:
This song is to be sung in Raga Kafi in Dadra Tala.
UPDATED: November 1, 2015