Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Jaya Jaya Jagannatha Sacira
Official Name: None
Author: Vasudeva Ghosa
Book Name: None
jaya jagannātha sacīra nandan
tribhūvana kore jār caraṇa vandan
nadīyā nagare daṇḍa-kamaṇḍalu-kar
bole purabete rāvaṇa badhilā
goloker vaibhava lilā prakāśa korilā
śri-rādhār bhāve ebe
hare kṛṣṇa nām gaura korilā pracār
ghoṣa bole kori joḍa hāt
jei gaura sei kṛṣṇa sei jagannāth
1) All glories, all glories to the dear son of Jagannatha Misra and Saci Devi! All the three worlds offer prayers unto His lotus feet.
2) In Nilacala He holds the conch shell, disc, club, and lotus flower, while in the town of Nadiya He holds a sannyasi staff and water pot.
3) It is said that in olden times, as Lord Ramacandra, He killed the demon Ravana. Then later, as Lord Krsna, He revealed the splendrously opulent pastimes of Goloka.
4) It is He who has come. He has come! Oh, from Vraja He has come to Nadiya. Accepting the mood and luster of Sri Radha, He has come from Vraja to Nadiya. He has come! Now Lord Govinda, the cowherd boy, has come as Lord Gauranga. He has come distributing the Hare Krsna Mahamantra!
5) Vasudeva Ghosa says with folded hands, “He who is Gaura is He who is Krishna is He who is Jagannatha.”
Remarks/ Extra Information:
Compared from the More Songs of the Vaisnava Acaryas, “tribhuvane” is corrected to “tribhuvana” as “purabe” is corrected to “purabete”
The tune of this song is in Raga Syama Kalyana or in Raga Kedara in Kaherva Tala.
UPDATED: October 29, 2015