Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Maha Bhavojjvalac Cinta
Official Name: Premambhoja Maranda Stava Raja
Author: Raghunatha Dasa Goswami
Book Name: Stavavali
lāvaṇyāmṛta-vanyābhiḥ snapitāḿ glaptendirām
unmādo jāḍyam ity etai rathanir navabhir uttamaiḥ
saurabhāntaḥ-pure garva-paryańkopari līlayā
tvāḿ natvā yācate dhṛtvā tṛṇaḿ dantair ayaḿ janaḥ
sva-dāsyāmṛta-sekena jīvayāmuḿ suduḥkhitam
na muńcec charaṇāyātam api duṣṭaḿ dayāmayaḥ
ato gāndharvike hā hā muńcainaḿ naiva tādṛśam
premāmbhoja-marandākhyaḿ stavarājam imaḿ janaḥ
śrī-rādhikā-kṛpā-hetuḿ paṭhaḿs tad-dāsyam āpnuyāt
1) The love of the gopis for Krsna is full of transcendental ecstasy. It appears to be a brilliant jewel, and enlightened by such a transcendental jewel, Radha's body is further perfumed and decorated with kunkuma.
2) In the morning Her body is bathed in the nectar of compassion, in the afternoon in the nectar of youth, and in the evening in the nectar of luster itself. In this way the bathing is performed, and Her body becomes as brilliant as the cintamani jewel. She eclipses the goddess of fortune Laksmidevi.
3) Her dress is composed of various kinds of silken garments, which may be compared to Her natural shyness. Her beauty is more and more enhanced, being decorated with kunkuma, which is compared to beauty itself, and with blackish musk, which is compared to conjugal love. Thus Her body is decorated with different colors. The kunkuma is red and the musk is black.
4-5) Her ornaments embody the natural symptoms of ecstasy: trembling, tears, jubilation, stunning, perspiration, faltering of the voice, bodily redness, madness, and dullness. In this way the entire body is bedecked with these nine different jewels. Over and above this, the beauty of Her body is enhanced by Her transcendental qualities, which hang as a flower garland on Her body. The ecstasy of love for Krsna is known as dhira and adhira, sober and restless. Such ecstasy constitutes the covering of Sri Radha's body, and it is adorned by camphor.
6) Her transcendental anger toward Krsna is embodied as the arrangement of the hair on Her head, and the tilaka of Her great fortune shines on Her beautiful forehead. The earrings of Sri Radha are the holy names of Krsna, as well as the hearing of His name and fame.
7) Her lips are always reddish due to the betelnut of ecstati affection for Krsna. The black ointment around Her eyes is Her tricky behavior with Krsna brought about by love. Her joking with Krsna and gentle smiling is the camphor with which She is perfumed.
8) She sleeps in Her room with the aroma of pride, and when She lies down in Her bed, the transcendental variety of Her loving ecstasies is like a jeweled locket in the midst of Her necklace of separation.
9) Her transcendental breasts are covered by Her sari in the form of affection and anger toward Krsna. She has a stringed instrument known as a kacchapi-vina, which is the fame and fortune that actually dries up the faces and breasts of the other gopis.
10) She always keeps Her hands on the shoulder of Her gopi friend, who is compared to Her youthful beauty, and although She is highly qualified with so many spiritual assets, She is nonetheless affected by the Cupid known as Krsna. Thus She is defeated.
11) O Sri Radha, this person offers respectful obeisances unto You, taking a straw in his mouth. This person is very unhappy. Please bring him to life by sprinkling him with the nectar of service to You.
12) O Gandharvika, Sri Radha, just as Lord Krsna never rejects a surrendered soul, please don't reject me.
13) The person who reads these this regal prayer, which bears the title Sri Premambhoja-maranda, will attain the direct service that brings with it the mercy of Sri Radha.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 4, 2009