Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Narada Muni Bajay Vina
Official Name: Namastakam Song 8
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Gitavali
nārada muni, bājāy vīṇā
nāma amani, udita haya,
amiya-dhārā, bariṣe ghana,
bhakata jana, saghane nāce,
bhoriyā āpana hiyā
mādhurī-pūra, āsava paśi',
keho vā kānde, keho vā nāce,
keho māte mane mane
pańca-vadana, nārade dhori',
premera saghana rol
kamalāsana, nāciyā bole,
'bolo bolo hari bolo'
'hari hari' boli' gāya
nāma-prabhāve, mātilo viśva,
nāma-rasa sabe pāya
śrī-kṛṣṇa-nāma, rasane sphuri',
pūrā'lo āmār āśa
śrī-rūpa-pade, yācaye ihā,
WORD FOR WORD TRANSLATION: Narada Muni Bajay Vina
1) When the great soul Narada Muni plays his vina, the holy name, Radhika-raman, descends and immediately appears amidst the kirtan of the Lord’s devotees.
2) Like a monsoon cloud, the holy name showers nectar in their ears. All the devotees, due to great ecstasy, repeatedly dance to their hearts content.
3) All the people of the universe become maddened upon entering this intoxicating shower of nectar. Some people cry, some dance and others become fully intoxicated within their minds.
4) Lord Siva, embracing Narada Muni, repeatedly makes loud screams of ecstatic joy, and Lord Brahma, dancing very ecstatically, says, “All of you kindly chant, Haribol! Haribol!”
5) In great happiness the thousand-faced Ananta Sesa chants “Hari! Hari!” By the influence of the transcendental vibration of the holy name, the whole universe becomes ecstatically maddened and everyone tastes the mellows of the holy name.
6) Thakura Bhaktivinoda, the humble servant of the Lord, says, “The holy name of Krishna has fulfilled all my desires by vibrating on everyone’s tongue.” Bhaktivinoda therefore prays at the feet of Sri Rupa Goswami that the chanting of harinam may continue like this always.
This song is sung in Raga Misra Khamaj in Dadra Tala.
UPDATED: January 20, 2017