Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Navina Nirada Syamam
Official Name: Ratra 4 Chapter 6; Gopala Stotram
Book Name: Narada Pancaratra
kṛṣṇaḿ gopāla rūpiṇam
mohayantaḿ punaḥ punaḥ
kṣobhayantaḿ manas tāsāḿ
yodhayantaḿ kvacid gopān
vyāharantaḿ gavāḿ gaṇam
sthitaḿ vṛndāvane kvacit
savatsair unumkhaiḥ śaśvad
stuyamānaḿ parāt param
ya evaḿ cintayed devaḿ
bhaktyā saḿstauti mānavaḥ
tri-sandhyaḿ tasya tuṣṭo'sau
dadāti varam īpsitam
1) I offer respectful obeisances to Lord Krsna, the transcendental cowherd boy, who is the dear son of the gopi Yasoda. Krsna's complexion is as dark as a fresh rain-cloud, and His eyes are as beautiful as blue lotus flowers.
2) A splendid peacock feather decorated His curling dark hair, and He is ornamented with a garland of kadamba flowers from the forest.
3) Lord Krsna's golden earrings swing to and fro, touching His cheeks. His chest is illumined by a long necklace of large pearls.
4) Lord Krsna appears very splendid, decorated with a golden crown as large as millions of bracelets. His garments are moving, shaken by the gentle breeze.
5) Lord Krsna enchants the minds of the beautiful gopis at every moment with the sweet music of the flute placed upon His charming lips.
6) Lord Krsna is like a bumble-bee which drinks the honey of the lotus flowers which are the gopi's faces. Krsna agitates the gopis minds with amorous side-long glances.
7) Lord Krsna is closely surrounded by the gopis, who are all in the fresh bloom of youth, and decorated with colorful and amazing garments and ornaments.
8) Sometimes Lord Krsna becomes eager to sport in the waters of the Yamuna river, which is as dark as black eye cosmetics. Sometimes He plays at fighting with the cowherd boys, and sometimes He calls the cows.
9) Lord Krsna stays in the shade under a kadamba tree in a certain place in Vandavana, where there is a cool breeze blowing from the water of the Yamuna river.
10) Underneath a desire tree within a golden temple, Lord Krsna is seated on jeweled throne placed upon a great platform of jewels.
11) Intent on performing the rasa-dance, Lord Krsna stays on charming Govardhana hill, where all directions have been made aromatic by the spring flowers.
12) With His left hand, Lord Krsna lifted Govardhana hill, the best of mountains as if it were an umbrella. In this way He dispersed the attacking rain-clouds sent by Indra.
13) Their heads raised with expectation, the cows continually gaze ar Lord Krsna, accompanied by their calves. They have become jubilant by hearing the wonderful flute music of Krsna, and they respond by making loud sounds.
14) Krsna appears very splendid, accompanied by the singing cowherd boys who hold sticks and ropes in their hands, and who are always very agreeable to perform pastimes as Krsna desires.
15) Lord Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, greater than the greatest. The best of the sages, headed by Narada, who are all thoroughly learned in the Vedas and Vedic supplements, glorify Lord Krsna, with greatly affectionate words.
16) Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead becomes pleased with those who think of Him in this way and glorify Him in morning, and evening. Lord Krsna grants to that person his desired benediction.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 4, 2009