Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Pasya Sakhi Jana So Yam Kasya
Official Name: Volume 2 Chapter 35 Verse 38
Author: Jiva Goswami
Book Name: Gopala Campu
paśya sakhī-jana so 'yaḿ kasya
su-vicārayad api cittaḿ kvacid api nāntaḿ labhate yasya
varṣīyāḿsāv api yaḿ tanayaḿ lebhāte vraja-rājau
yasya ca pitarāv ati-saralāv iti jagati samantād vittam
catura-śiromaṇi-varatā yasya ca vaśayati jagatāḿ cittam
sarvaḥ snihyati mamatāḿ sacayati ghoṣo yatra sadaiva
mātara-pitarādikam abhimanute yaś ca na sarvaḿ naiva
vraja-pati-vaḿśe yādṛń na bhavati nābhūd atra kadāpi
so 'yaḿ guṇa-rūpādikam īdṛg bhajate cāru sadāpi
yasya ca labdhāv api dhanimānī svayam api sarvaḿ dātā
vṛṣabhānv-anvaya-lakṣmīḿ yena ca yācayate vraja-yātā
Refrain: O gopi friends, who are Krsna's parents? Thinking again and again, my heart has not found an answer.
1) The king and queen of Vraja must have performed many hundreds and thousands of pious deeds for a very long time that in their old age they have attained such a son.
2) "Lord Krsna's parents are very saintly and righteous." This statement, proclaimed everywhere in the universes, is their great wealth. They are the crest jewels of the wise. They have conquered the hearts of the world.
3) Everyone loves them. Everyone always praises them. No one refuses to honor them.
4) In the family of Vraja's king there is not, nor in the past has there ever been, anyone virtuous, handsome, and glorious like Lord Krsna.
5) Lord Krsna's parents are the two jewels of the fortunate and wealthy. King Nanda is a philanthropist who gives to all. Now he has left Vraja to request the goddess of fortune from King Vrsabhanu.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 7, 2009