Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Pita Varana Kali Pavana
Official Name: Siksastakam Song 1
Author: Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Book Name: Gitavali
pīta-varaṇa kali-pāvana gorā
gāoyāi aichana bhāva-vibhorā
kṛṣṇa-kīrtana jaya citta bihārī
kṛṣṇa-kīrtana jaya kleśa-nivṛtti
kṛṣṇa-kīrtana jaya bhakti-vilās
kṛṣṇa-kīrtana jaya siddha-swarūp
kṛṣṇa-kīrtana jaya plāvana-mūrti
pade pade pīyūṣa-swāda-pradātā
kṛṣṇa-kīrtana jaya prema-vidhātā
kṛṣṇa-kīrtana jaya prema-nidān
1) Lord Gauranga, whose complexion is golden and who is the deliverer of the fallen souls of Kali-yuga, sings as follows, overwhelmed with spiritual ecstasy:
2) "All glories to the chanting of the holy name of Krsna! It thoroughly cleanses the mirror of the heart. This chanting delights the soul.
3) "All glories to the chanting of the holy name of Krsna! It extinguishes the horrible forest fire of material existence. This chanting removes all material tribulations.
4) "All glories to the chanting of the holy name of Krsna! It appears like the moon in the heart and distributes its cooling moonlight, thus causing the white lotus of good fortune to bloom. This chanting is the pastime of devotion.
5) "All glories to the chanting of the holy name of Krsna! It is compared to a young bride, chaste and devoted to transcendental knowledge itself. This chanting is the highest perfection of life.
6) "All glories to the chanting of the holy name of Krsna! It is glorious, as it causes the ocean of ecstatic bliss to swell and overflow. This chanting is an inundation of love of Godhead.
7) "All glories to the chanting of the holy name of Krsna! It gives one a taste of fully satisfying nectar at every step. This chanting is the bestower of ecstatic love of God."
8) All glories to the chanting of the holy name of Krsna! It bathes the soul of Bhaktivinoda. This chanting is a storehouse of love of God.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 7, 2009