Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Priye Svapne Drsta Saridina
Official Name: Sri Svapna Vilasamrtastakam
Author: Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura
Book Name: Stavamrta Lahari
svapne dṛṣṭā saridina-sutevātra pulinaḿ
yathā vṛndāraṇye naṭana-paṭavas tatra bahavaḿ
mṛdaṇgādyaḿ vādyaḿ vividham iha kaścid dvija-maṇiḥ
sa vidyud-gaurāńgaḥ kṣipati jagatīḿ prema-jaladhau
kṛṣṇeti pralapati rudan karhicid asau
kva rādhe hā heti śvasiti patati projjhati dhṛtim
naṭaty ullāsena kvacid api gaṇaiḥ svaiḥ praṇayibhis
tṛṇādi-brahmāntaḿ jagad atitarāḿ rodayati saḥ
buddhir bhrāntā mama samajani prekṣya
bhavet so 'yaḿ kāntaḥ kim ayam aham evāsmi na paraḥ
ahaḿ cet kva preyān mama sa kila cet kvāham iti me
bhramo bhūyo bhūyān abhavad atha nidrāḿ gatavatī
dṛṣṭvā tās tāḥ kutukini mayā darśita-carī
rameśādyā mūrtīr na khalu bhavatī vismayam agāt
kathaḿ vipro vismāpayitum aśakat tvāḿ tava kathaḿ
tathā bhrāntiḿ dhatte sa hi bhavati ko hanta kim idam
procya preṣṭhāḿ kṣaṇam atha parāmṛṣya ramaṇo
hasann ākūta jñaḿ vyanudad atha taḿ kaustubha-maṇim
tathā dīptaḿ tene sapadi sa yathā dṛṣṭam iva tad
vilāsānāḿ lakṣmaḿ sthira-cara-gaṇaiḥ sarvam abhavat
proce priyatama mayā jñātam akhilaḿ
tavākūtaḿ yat tvaḿ smitam atanuthās tattvam asi saḥ
sphuṭaḿ yan nāvādīr yad abhimatir atrāpy aham iti
sphurantī me tasmād aham api sa evety anumime
apy asmākīnaḿ rati-padam idaḿ kaustubha-maṇiḿ
pradīpyātraivādīdṛṣad akhila-jīvān api bhavān
sva-śaktayāvirbhūya svam akhila-vilāsaḿ pratijanaḿ
nigadya premābdhau punar api tadāhāsyasi jagat
uktaḿ gargeṇa vraja-pati-samakṣam
bhavet pīto varṇaḥ kvacid api tavaitan na hi mṛṣā
ataḥ svapnaḥ satyo mama ca na tadā bhrāntir abhavat
tvam evāsau sākṣād iha yad anubhūto 'si tadṛtam
yasya svapnāmṛtam idam aho citta-madhupaḥ
sa sandeha-svapnāt tvaritam iha jāgarti su-matiḥ
avāptaś caitanyaḿ praṇaya-jaladhau khelati yato
bhṛśam dhatte tasminn atula-karuṇāḿ kuñja-nṛpatiḥ
1) Srimati Radharani said: Beloved, in a dream I saw a river shore like the Yamuna here. There were many expert dancers as in Vrndavana. There were mrdangas and other instruments. There was a brahmana jewel as splendid as lightning who was tossing the universe into an ocean of pure love.
2) Sometimes He calls out: "O Krsna!" and sometimes He sighs: "O Radha, where are You?" Sometimes He falls to the ground, sometimes He acts wildly, losing all composure, and sometimes He dances ecstatically with His loving associates. He has made all the residents of this world, from the blades of grass up to Lord Brahma, loudly call out the name of Krsna.
3) As I gazed at Him, My intelligence became bewildered. If He is my lover, where am I? If He is I, where is My lover? If He is My lover, where am I? As I slept, I became more and more bewildered.
4) Sri Krsna said: O inquisitive girl, when I showed You Narayana and My other forms You were not surprised. Why does this brahmana surprise You? Why does He bewilder You so You say "Who is He?"
5) After speaking these words to His beloved, the smiling lover, Krsna, touched His Kaustubha jewel. The jewel, understanding the Lord's intent, glowed and then showed all the same pastimes and all the moving and non moving entities She saw in her dream.
6) Srimati Radharani reflected for a moment and said: Beloved, I know what is in Your heart now that makes You smile. You are He. What You have said and thought is now clear to Me, and therefore I think I am also He.
7) Making this Kaustubha jewel, which is so delightful to Us, shine in this way, You have revealed Yourself to all living entities. By Your own transcendental potency You will appear, display Your pastimes, teach everyone, and again plunge the world into the ocean of pure love.
8) In the king of Vraja's presence, the learned Vedic scholar Gargacarya said that You will appear with a yellow complexion. He did not lie. This dream of Mine is true. It is not an illusion. In this dream I have directly seen You.
9) If the bumble-bee of the reader's mind drinks the nectar of this Svapna-vilasamrta, then that intelligent reader will quickly awaken from the dream of materialistic doubt. Such a reader will attain Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He will sport in the ocean of pure love. He will attain the peerless mercy of the king of Vrndavana.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: January 19, 2017