Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Raghavam Karunakaram Muni Sevitam
Official Name: Raghavastakam
Book Name: None
rāghavaḿ karuṇākaraḿ muni-sevitaḿ sura-vanditaḿ
vāli-sūnuhitaiṣinaḿ hanumat-priyaḿ kamalekṣaṇaḿ
yātu-dhāna-bhayańkaraḿ praṇamāmi rāghava-kuńjaram
rāvaṇanuja-pālanaḿ raghu-puńgavaḿ mama daivatam
sūrya-vaḿśa-vivardhanaḿ praṇamāmi rāghava-kuńjaram
hema-kuṇḍalamiṇḍatālamala kaṇṭha deśamarindamaḿ
bhānu-vaḿśa-vivardhanaḿ praṇamāmi rāghava-kuńjaram
lakṣmaṇānuja-vatsalaḿ praṇamāmi rāghava-kuńjaram
deva-devam-aseṣa-bhuta-manoharaḿ jagatāḿ patiḿ
dāsabhūta-bhayāpahaḿ praṇamāmi rāghava-kuńjaram
paitṛkoditapālakaḿ praṇamāmi rāghava-kuńjaram
nīrajānanam-ambujāńghri-yugaḿ hariḿ bhuvanāśrayaḿ
devakāryavivakṣaṇaḿ praṇamāmi rāghava-kuńjaram
vāsavādi-surāri-rāvaṇaśāsanaḿ ca parāḿ gatiḿ
nīlamedhanibhā-kṛtiḿ praṇamāmi rāghava-kuńjaram
rāmacandra-kṛpā-kaṭākṣa-damādareṇa sadā japet
rāma rāma namo’stu te jaya rāmacandra namo’stu te
rāmacandra namo’stu te jaya rāghavāya namo’stu te
devadeva namo’stu te jaya devarāja namo’stu te
vāsudeva namo’stu te jaya vīrarāja namo’stu te
1) I bow to the best among descendants of the Raghu dynasty, also known as Raghava, the abode of compassion, served by sages, admired by the demigods, the sun of lotus-like face of Janaki, abode of many qualities, the well-wisher of Angada, the son of Vali, the dear one to Hanuman, with lotus like eyes, and who is feared by the demoniac class.
2) I bow to the best among descendants of the Raghu Dynasty, Who is like the timeless blue-pearl decorating the bosom of Maithili (Sita), Who protected the younger brother of Ravana (Vibhisana), Who is the best among Raghu, Who is my chosen Lord, Whose form admonished the beautiful lotus-like face of desirable cultured woman, and Who increased the might of the lineage of Sun.
3) I bow to the best among descendants of the Raghu Dynasty, Whose neck sides are decorated by golden earrings, Who conquers foes, Who is adorned by an ornament of golden peacock-eyes, Who is adorned by a beautiful anklet, a Kaustubha garland and an ear-ornament, and Who increased the might of the lineage of Sun.
4) I bow to the best among descendants of the Raghu Dynasty, Who is the support of meditating and immortal austere beings and yogis in the forest known as Dandaka, Whose highest aim is to protect discipline and rectitude, Whose glories was performed by victorious Partha (Arjuna), skilled in cutting off the snake like hands of Kumbhakarna, and is affectionate towards Laksmana and His other younger brothers.
5) I bow to the best among descendants of the Raghu Dynasty, resplendent in a garland made of fragrant Ketaki, Karavira and Jati flowers, possessing wealth, Whose chest is red due to the kunkuma from the breasts of Sita (daughter of Mithila), noble among noble, Who entices everyone apart from Himself, the Lord of the universe, and Who dispels the fear of His devotees.
6) I bow to the best among descendants of the Raghu Dynasty, incessantly prayed with respect by twice born (brahmanas) which have understood the Vedic scripture, using sacrifice, charity, meditation, incense, chanting, etc., Who is known for the slaying of Tataka, Who killed the father of Angada (Vali), and Who protected the property of His dynasty.
7) I bow to the best among descendants of the Raghu Dynasty, Who instantly destroyed Khara, Dusana and other demons as His pastime, Who vanquished Ravana, Who is infallible, the support of millions of monkeys, Whose face is like a lotus, having two lotus-feet. He is Hari, Who is the support of universe, and Who is eager to finish deeds for demi-gods.
8) I bow to the best among descendants of the Raghu Dynasty, who is trained in an array of astra (weapons) by Sage Kausika (Visvamitra), Who has stretched (beautiful) eyes, with a beautiful smile. He is the friend of hapless, Who dwells in the world of everything else, Who rules over demigods like Indra and demons like Ravana. He is the final course of soul, and Whose figure is glistening like a blue cloud.
9) With respect and mind continuously fixed in the lotus-feet of Ramacandra, one should always chant this Raghavastakam. This prayer-set bestows spiritual perfection, and bestows salvation and enjoyment, which increases achievements in wealth and possessions which are ways to approach the Infallible One, Sri Rama!
10) O Rama, O Rama! I offer obeisances to You. All Glories, O Ramabhadra! I offer obeisances to You. O Ramacandra! I offer obeisances to You! All Glories! I offer obeisances to Raghava. O Noble among noble ones! I offer obeisances to You. All Glories, O Ruler of demi-gods! I offer obeisances to You. O Vasudeva! I offer obeisances to You. All Glories, O Greatest warrior! I offer obeisances to You.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: September 15, 2016