Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Ratha Haita Uli Brahma Pranama Kari
Official Name: Brahmar Stava
Author: Gunaraj Khan
Book Name: Krsna Vijaya
ratha haite uli brahmā praṇāma kari
kara-puṭe stuti kare dui kara juḍi
cāri mukuṭa bhūmi loṭhāya tite āńkira jale
kāndite kāndite brahmā sa-karuṇa bale
eta māyā kena gosāñī pātaha āmāy
āmā hena koṭī brahmā
aja-hena nāma mora tri-jagate baila
sei bole andha haiyā tomā na cinila
tomāra nābhi-padme gosāñī āmāra utpatti
āmi aja nahi tumi aja se śrī-pati
ādya-anta hao tumi nārāyaṇ
akhila brahmāṇḍa tumi tumi se kāraṇ
sattva-rajaḥ-tamaḥ tumi tri-guṇa-dhārī
āmāra sṛjale tumi deba śrī-hari
tomāra mahimā bali kāhāra sāhase
koṭī koṭī brahmā tomār loma-kūpe bhāse
koṭi brahmār eka āmi tāhāra bhitare
āuṭa hāta pramāṇa āmār kalebare
āńkhira nimiṣe koṭi brahmāra sṛjan
katākṣe sṛjaha punaḥ karaha nidhan
saḿsārera sāra tumi jagata-kāraṇ
ādi-anta-madhya nāhi nāma nārāyaṇ
tomāra sebaka sańga kata pun/ya pāi
na pātiha māyā more śuna govindāi
abaśya thākaye putra jananī-udare
caraṇa-āghāta baje māyera śarīre
sei jadi pāpa haya śuna dāmodar
koṭī brahmā āche tomār śarīra-bhitar
tabe nirdaya kena haibe cakra-pāṇi
kāndite kāndite brahmā baila eta bāṇī
1) Brahma descended from the chariot, bowed down, and with folded hands offered prayers.
2) His four crowns touching the ground, and tears flowing from his eyes, weeping Brahma sadly spoke the following words.
3) O Lord, O master of Maya, I offer my respectful obeisances unto You. In the blinking of an eye You can create many millions of Brahmas like me.
4) Even though in these three worlds I am called by the name "the unborn one" and by other respectful names, I am blind and foolish, for I could not recognize who You really are.
5) I was born from the lotus flower of Your navel. Therefore I am not truly unborn. It is You who are unborn, for You are Narayana, the goddess of fortune's husband.
6) You are Narayana, the beginning and end of everything, the creator of all the universes.
7) You are the master of the three modes: goodness, passion, and ignorance. You are Lord Hari, who created my body.
8) Who can describe Your glories? Millions and millions of Brahmas have come from the pores of Your transcendental body.
9) I am one of those many millions of Brahmas. I am a lowly creature with a body the size of seven cubits.
10) With an eye blink You create many millions of Brahmas, and with a glance You again destroy them.
11) You are the creator of the universes. You are the beginning, middle, and end. Are You not Lord Narayana?
12) How many pious deeds must one have performed in past lives to attain the company of Your servants? O Lord, please don't bewilder me with Your Maya. O Govinda, please hear my words.
13) A child inside the mother's womb may sometimes kick the mother's body.
14) Does the kicking infant commit a sin? O Damodara, please hear my words: Many millions of Brahmas reside within Your transcendental body.
15) “O Lord who holds the cakra, why will You not be merciful to me?” Weeping and weeping, Brahma spoke these words.
This is sung in Raga Lalita.
UPDATED: July 7, 2009