Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Satyam Jnanam Anantam
Official Name: Govindastakam
Author: Adi Sankaracarya
Book Name: None
satyaḿ-jñānam-anantaḿ nityamanākāśaḿ pramākāśaḿ
goṣṭh prāńgaṇarińgaṇalolamanāyāsaḿ paramāyāsam
māyākalpita nānākāramanākāraḿ bhuvanākāraḿ
kṣmāyā nāthamanāthaḿ pranamata govindaḿ paramānandam
mṛt-snāmatsīheti yaśodā tāḍanośaiśava santrāsaḿ
vyāditavaktrālokita lokā loka caturdaśa-lokālim
loka-trayapuramūlastambhaḿ lokā loka manālokaḿ
lokeśaḿ parameśaḿ pranamata govindaḿ paramānandam
traiviṣṭapuripuvīraghnaḿ kṣitibhāraghnaḿ bhavarogaghnaḿ
kaivalyaḿ navanītā hāramanāhāraḿ bhuvanāhāraḿ
vaimalya sphuṭaceto vṛtti viśeṣābhāsamanābhāsaḿ
śaivaḿ kevala śāntaḿ pranamata govindaḿ paramānandam
gopālaḿ prabhu-līlā-vigraha-gopālaḿ kula-gopālaḿ
gopīgocaradūraḿ pranamata govindaḿ paramānandam
cintāmaṇi-mahimānaḿ pranamata govindaḿ paramānandam
vyāditsantīratha digsvastrā hyupudātumup-ākarṣantam
nirdhūtasvayaśokavibhohaḿ buddhaḿ buddherantasthaḿ
sattāmātra-śarīraḿ pranamata govindaḿ paramānandam
kāntaḿ kāraṇ-akāraṇam-ādim-anādiḿ kāla-manābhāsaḿ
kālindi-gata-kāliya-śirasi muhur-nṛtyantaḿ nṛtyantam
kālaḿ kālakalātītaḿ kalitāśeṣaḿ kali-doṣaghnaḿ
kālatragatihetuḿ pranamata govindaḿ paramānandam
vṛndāvana-bhuvi vṛndārakagaṇa-vṛndā-rādhyaḿ vande’ haḿ
vandyā-śeṣa-guṇābdhiḿ pranamata govindaḿ paramānandam
govindāṣṭakam-etad-dhīte govind-ārpita-cetā yo
govind-ācyutam mādhava viṣṇo gokulanāyaka kṛṣṇeti
govindaḿ paramānandamṛtamantaḥ sa tamabhyeti
1) Offer obeisances to Govinda, Who is the supreme bliss, Who is the eternal truth, Who is knowledge, Who is eternal, Who is beyond the skies, Who is the final limit, Who roams in the courtyard of cowshed in Vraja, Who needs no effort, Who is the final effort, Who assumed various forms by (His) Māyā, Who is without form, Who is the form of the universe, Who is Lord (incarnated) on the earth, and Who has no Lord.
2) Offer obeisances to Govinda, Who is the supreme bliss, Who ran away with the fear of caning from Yaśodā who said thus ‘‘Were You eating soil here?’’, Who then showed the world, the world beyond and the swarm of fourteen planes of existence in His open mouth (to His mother), Who is the basis or pillar of the existence of the three worlds, Who is the light of the world, Who needs no world to in, Who is the Lord of the world, and Who is the supreme Lord.
3) Offer obeisances to Govinda, Who is the supreme bliss, Who destroys the strength of the demi-god enemies, Who destroys the weight present on the earth, Who destroys the disease like metempsychosis, Who is the only one, Who eats freshly prepared butter, Who requires no food, Who is the food of the universe, Who is observed as special light (knowledge) in the consciousness state of spotless blossmed mind, Who cannot be (fully) observed, Who adores Śiva, and Who is always at rest.
4) Offer obeisances to Govinda, Who is the supreme bliss, Who is known as Gopāla, Who took the form of a cow-tender for the sake of sport, Who incarnated in the lineage of a cow-rearer, Who did spectacular sport by playing with Gopī and lifting the Mount Govardhana, Who was given a stainless name of Govinda by the cows (Kāmadhenu), Who has many names, and Who is beyond the scope of perception of Gopī.
5) Offer obeisances to Govinda, Who is the supreme bliss, Who enters the meeting place of the group of cowherdesses, Who remains like an un-entered enlightenment in the state of (living) being present at the meeting place, Whose beauty is added by the continuous association with the dust risen from the striking of cow-hooves at the ground, Who accepts devotion with happiness, Who is beyond reason, Who is reasoned with nice emotions, and Who is as great as the jewel of thought.
6) Offer obeisances to Govinda, Who is the supreme bliss, Who sits on a tree having collected the clothes of the Vraja-maidens bathing in the river, Who asked the cowherdesses to come closer to get the clothes back, Who is bereft of both unhappiness and passion, Who is wise, Who is situated inside the hearts of wise, and Whose body is mere existence.
7) Offer obeisances to Govinda, Who is the supreme bliss, Who is resplendent, Who is the reason behind reason, Who is the beginning of the universe, Who is without a beginning, Who is the passage of time, Who is without luminosity, Who at once started dancing after entering the water of Kālindī, Who is death, Who is beyond the play of death, Who is made of nothing (formless), Who destroys the malice of Kaliyuga, and Who is the reason for the existence of past, present and future.
8) I adore Govinda, Who is
prayed by the group of Vraja maidens in the
9) That who submits his (or her) mind to Govinda, chants the name of Govinda, Acyuta, Mādhava, Viṣṇu, Gokulanāyaka, Kṛṣṇa and thus, washes all the sins by meditating on the lotus-feet of Govinda, and sings this Govindāṣṭakam — he (or she) internalizes the divine nectar like eternally blissful Govinda.
No Extra Information available for this song!
UPDATED: July 9, 2009