Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Sri Krsnah Kamala Natho
Official Name: Ratra 4 Chapter 1
Book Name: Narada Pancaratra
govindo govindam patih
anadir brahmacari ca
graha-rupi parat parah
ity evam krsnadevasya
namnam astottaram satam
srutva gitamrtam pura
krtam tasman maya pura
danam srutam tapas-tirtham
yat-krtam tv iha janmani
1) Lord Krsna, the all attractive Supreme Personality of Godhead, known as Lord Vasudeva, is the Lord of Laksmi-devi, eternal, the transcendental son of Vasudeva, pure, and His form resembles that of a human being.
2) Lord Krsna removes the material attachments which hinder His devotees, and He is very affectionate to His mother Yasoda-devi. In His four armed-form, He holds the sudarsana-cakra, a sword, mace, conch-shell, lotus flower, and various weapons.
3) Lord Krsna is the transcendental son of Devaki-devi and the lord of goddess of fortune. He is dear son of Nanda Maharaja and the younger brother of Lord Baladeva. It is He who stopped the fierce flowing of Yamuna river.
4) Lord Krsna killed Putana and broke the demon Sakatasura apart. He delighted Nanda Maharaja and the residents of Vrajabhumi, and His form is eternal, full of knowledge and bliss.
5) Lord Krsna is the youthful butter-thief, and the merciful benedictor of King Mucukunda. He is the lord of 16,000 queens, and His three-fold bending form is charming.
6) Lord Krsna is the moon born of the nectarean
7) Lord Krsna killed the Trnavarta demon, making him appear as insignificant as a piece of straw, and He also broke the Yamala-arjuna treea. He broke the tall palm-trees (in Talavana), and His transcendental form is charmingly dark-complexioned like a dark tamala-tree.
8) Lord Krsna is the master of the gopis and cowherd boys, and the master of all mystic power. He is the lord of the entire earth, and He is also the Brahman effulgence, more splendid than millions of suns. He is the king of the Yadu dynasty and He is the most illustrious descendent of Maharaja Yadu.
9) Lord Krsna wears a garland of forest flowers, and He wears a yellow dhoti. It is He who lifted Govardhana Hill and Who stole the celestial Parijata tree. He is the protector of the cows, and indeed, He is the protector of everyone.
10) Unborn Lord Krsna is beyond the influence of
material nature. He is the father if cupid, and His
restless eye move swiftly as kanja birds. He is the
killer of the madhu demon, the lord of
11) Lord Krsna wanders on the outskirts of the Vrndavana forest, and He is decorated with a garland of tulasi. He took away the Syamantaka jewel and He is the life and soul of the Nara-Narayana /Rsis.
12) Lord Krsna straightened the hunchbacked girl Kubja, and He is the Supreme Person, the controller of maya. He expertly wrestled with the Mustika and Canura demons.
13) Lord Krsna is opposed to continual material existence, and He is the enemy of the Kamsa and Mura demons, and the killer of Narakasura. He is beginning-less and spiritual, and He rescued Draupadi from many calamities.
14) Lord Krsna beheaded Sisupala and killed Duryodhana's entire family. He granted benedictions to Vidura and Akrura, and He revealed the universal form.
15) Lord Krsna is always truthful and His desires are always pure. He is always victorious, and He is delighted by Satyabhama-devi. He is the elder brother of Subhadra, and He is also Lord Visnu. He granted liberation to Bhismadeva.
16) Lord Krsna is the Lord and spiritual master of the entire universe, and He is very expert at playing the flute. He killed Aristasura and cut off the many hands of Banasura.
17) Lord Krsna is the chariot driver of Arjuna, and He established King Yudhisthira as the king of the entire world. He wears a crown of peacock feathers, the impersonal unmanifest Brahman has emanated from Him, and He is the ocean from which the nectar of Bhagavad-gita was churned.
18) Lord Krsna's beautiful feet were reddened by the rubies on the hoods of the Kaliya serpent. He was tied about the waist by Mother Yasoda, and He ate the foodstuffs offered by the wives of the Brahmanas. He killed the kings of the demons.
19) Lord Krsna is the Supreme Brahman, and He is also Lord Narayana. His carrier is Garuda, and Lord Krsna stole the saris of the gopis who were intent on playing in the water.
20) Lord Krsna is praised by eloquent verses and it is He who creates the places of pilgrimage. He is knowable by the Vedas, and He is an ocean of mercy. He is greater than the greatest, the soul of all holy places, and He is manifested as the different planets.
21) These 108 Holy Names of Lord Krsnadeva are the nectar of all songs, and they were formerly heard by the Lord Himself and by His devotee.
22) Because Lord Krsna is pleased when He is nicely glorified in prayers, I have composed these verses. This nectar of Lord Krsna's Holy Names will certainly give great spiritual bliss to those who hear them.
23) Whoever in this birth chants these Holy Names of Lord Krsna, will become free from all suffering, live for a long time, become wealthy, learned, austere, and travel to places of pilgrimage, becoming saintly.
This song is recommended for singing on Sri Krsna Janmastami day (the appearance day anniversary of Sri Krsna).
This chapter is chanted by Lord Siva to Narada Muni.
UPDATED: July 10, 2009