Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Tumhe Visarike Bhava Kupa Ana
Official Name: None
Author: Madhuri Priya Devi Dasi
Book Name: None
tumhe visārike, bhava kūpa ānā,
pāyi nānā-vidha vyathā
tere caraṇoń meń, ā
kahūń nija duḥkha kathā
mātrī jaṭhara meń, paḍā thā jab maiń,
eka-bāra prabhu! daraśana de mujhe,
chaliyā dīna dāse
taba hi ṭhārā, janama pākara,
karuńgā bhajana terā
janama pākara, māyā-jāla meń,
jñāna-bhūlā saba merā
mamatā nandana, sva-jana ke bandhana,
moha bītāyā kāla
janaka jananī ke sneha meń bhulā,
prīya lāgā jañjāla
krama se dina dina, bacapana bītā hoiyā,
kautaka sańgi sańge
samaya to bītā, jñāna upajiyā,
pāṭha paḍhā rańgi rańge
vidyā mada meń, bhrami' deśe deśe,
vaibahava kiyā uparjana
sva-jana pālana, kiyā data cita,
bhulā tumhe, janārdana!
ab hai buḍḍhāpā, bhakativinoda,
rove kātara ati
bhajan tujhako divasa gawāyā
ab kyā hove gati?
1) I forsook You, O Lord, and came to this world of pain and sorrow. Now I submit my tale of woe at Your lotus feet.
2) While still in the unbearable fetters of my mother’s womb, I saw You before me You revealed Yourself but briefly and then abandoned this poor servant of Yours.
3) At that moment I swore to worship You after taking birth; but birth came, and with it the network of worldly illusion which robbed me of all good sense.
4) As a fondled son in the lap of relatives, I passed my time smiling and laughing. My parents’ affection helped me to forget the pangs of birth, and I thought the world was very nice.
5) Day by day I grew and soon began playing with other boys. Shortly my powers of understanding emerged. I read and studied my lessons incessantly.
6) Traveling from place to place, proud of my education, I grew wealthy and maintained my family with undivided attention. O Lord Hari, I forgot You!
7) Now in old age, Bhaktivinoda is sad. He weeps. I failed to worship You, O Lord, and instead passed my life in vain. What will be my fate now.
This is the Hindi translation of the song “Bhuliya Tomare.”
UPDATED: July 4, 2009