Krsna Kirtana Songs est. 2001 www.kksongs.org
Song Name: Tumi Deva Narayana Jagata Adhikari
Official Name: Kaliya Nager Stri Stava
Author: Gunaraj Khan
Book Name: Krsna Vijaya
tumi deba nārāyaṇa jagata-adhikārī
sṛṣṭi-sthiti-pralayera tumi adhikārī
tumi deba nirañjana sabāra karaṇ
tumi deba tumi
sakala sṛjile tumi jagata-saḿsāre
tumi prāṇa nile prāṇa keba dite pāre
tumi ta' sṛjile more khala-rūpa kari
bhāla-manda-jñāna nāi pāile saḿhāri
brata-upabāse kata kaila ārādhan
te-karaṇa pāila kāli tomāra caraṇ
koṭi koṭi janma jadi tapa kari mari
tabu ta' tomāra māyā bujhite na pāri
kata kata janma lakṣmī tapa je karila
hena pāda-padma kālir mastaka-upari
kālira kateka bhāgya balite nā pāri
bhāla haila nāga-janma haila mahī-tale
bhāla haila ghara kaila jamunāra jale
āji su-prabhāta haila kālir dina-maṇi
mastaka pāda-padma dilena cakra-pāṇi
eta bali nāginī juḍi dui kar
swāmī-dāna deha more tridaśa-īśwar
1) You are Lord Narayana, the master of the universes. You are the creator, maintainer, and destroyer.
2) You are the cause of everything, but You are nevr touched by matter. You incarnate among the demigods, human beings, animals, and birds.
3) You have created all living beings in this world of birth and death. You have the power to save or to kill.
4) You have given me this lowly form. No one can stop your order that a living being have good or bad intelligence.
5) How many vows, fasts, and acts of worship must Kaliya have performed in the past that now he has attained Your feet?
6) Even if a person performs austerities for millions of births, he cannot become free from Your illusory potency, Maya.
7) For how many lifetimes did Goddess Laksmi perform austerities before she was able to touch Your feet?
8) I cannot explain how Kaliya became so fortunate that his head became the resting place of Your lotus feet.
9) By the touch of Your feet his birth as a snake in this world became auspicious. By the touch of Your feet his home in the waters of the Yamuna became auspicious.
10) Today the sun of the Supreme Lord's lotus feet has risen on the horizon of Kaliya's head, a sun that brings a new day of great good fortune.
11) After speaking these words, Kaliya's wives folded their hands and said: O master of the demigods, please give us our husband. Please give this gift to us.
This song is in Raga Dhanasri.
UPDATED: July 4, 2009